Information About Steve - Swansea teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Steve:
Steve first started giging in bands when he was 23 years of age, his bass playing experience kicking off in the early1980’s, performing in pubs and clubs.
In 1984 he contacted highly acclaimed Musical Director/Bassist/Pianist John Quirk BMus(Hons), not just wanting to just learn songs, and this led to him having lessons with JQ Music between 1984 and 1986.
After relocating a family run business to the Midlands in 2002, a friendship developed with Stuart Preston who ran a Music Shop called 'Alpha Guitars'. A room at the back of the music shop was used as a music teaching studio, leading too him conducting bass guitar lessons in-store, at student’s homes, and also at community centres ran by the local authority.
* Former pupil of John Quirk Music (1984to 1986).
* All aspects of bass playing covered from theory to sight reading.
* Most styles catered for: Blues, Jazz, Soul, Rock, Pop.
* RGT coursework available with backing tracks.
* First Tutors UK Registered - **Web Address Removed**
This is what you get for your tuition fee:
Relaxed & Friendly Approach
Easy Learning Method
Self-Study at Home Exercises
You Will Learn the following:
How to hold a bass/guitar
Tune a bass/guitar
Good basic technique
Gain fretboard knowledge
Play scales, arpeggios, chords
Develop your own patterns
Keep a steady rhythm
Read chord sheets/tab/notation
Play alone to full support Band
Musicianship (bass player attitude)
Advice to Learners.
If you want to learn bass guitar, contact a specialist bass tutor, ask for proof of certification.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (daytime)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Swansea ITEC Limited (2010) - BCS Level 2 IT (ECDL Extra) (Other) (✔ On File)
- Swansea ITEC Limited (2010) - BCS Level 1 IT (ECDL Essentials) (Other) (✔ On File)
- Gower College Swansea (2010) - City & Guilds 9297 L2 Learning Support (Other) (✔ On File)
- Swansea Metropolitan University (SIHE) (2007) - HND Management (Professional) (✔ On File)