Information About Samantha - Birmingham teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Samantha:
PLEASE NOTE: I CURRENTLY HAVE NO VACANCIES. I will update this profile in the new academic year if I have spaces for new students.
After studying music at school and achieving all piano grades, I was awarded a Guildhall School of Music Diploma in Piano Duet performance. I went on to study Music at Goldsmiths College, London where I accompanied soloists, singers and choirs in both small- and large-scale performances.
Aside from teaching, I have been heavily involved with the Birmingham Rep Theatre, acting as assistant Musical Director and rehearsal pianist for many Young Rep productions such as Just So and Songs for a New World. I have also worked as repetiteur and Assistant MD at the Grove Theatre, Dunstable.
- Classically trained pianist with many years experience of teaching music.
- 10+ years experience teaching Music and Drama at Secondary Schools in Birmingham
- 17 years experience of piano/music theory private tuition with pupils ranging from 6-55 years old
- Music tutor for Chicago Youth Centres, Illinois, USA
- TEFL Accredited
- Qualified Teacher Status with clear and current CRB
I have an enthusiastic and experienced approach to teaching from beginner to Grade 8 standard on piano and music theory. I often use online resources and have a good knowledge of a range of musical styles to suit all ages. I also expect parents/guardians to support students by encouraging practice between lessons.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- TEFL (2004) - TEFL Accreditation (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- TDA (2002) - Qualified Teacher Status (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- Goldsmiths College, University of London (1996) - B (Mus) Bachelor of Music Degree (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Guildhall School of Music (1993) - Diploma in Piano Performance (Professional) (✘ Not On File)