Information About Salima - Newham teacher - (1 review)
This is how 3 referees rated Salima:
Salima offers a discount of 25% on their first / introductory lesson!
8 years professional experience in classical, jazz, indie and popular music as a bassist (upright & electric) and songwriter/lyricist.
CV available upon request and online with a quick Google search of my name.
London Symphony Orchestra Discovery from 2008
1. Supporting and ensemble artist for Monday Club adults with learning disabilities
2. Barbican Centre and primary/secondary schools’ workshops
3. Digital Technology Group introduction to the orchestra video conferences
4. Aix-en-Provence tour 2011- Sound Explorers for early years in Théatre 108 and 152 primary/secondary school student workshops culminating in performance
Creative Futures UK- Early Years Music Leader since 2015
1. Music for Change- action research project exploring impact of music on children in challenging circumstances, regular cover for sessions and weekly assistant
2. Queen’s Park Drop-In Sessions
3. Regular planning and project meetings
Redbridge Music Service
1. Peripatetic Music Teacher for Cello and Double Bass
2. Early Years Music Leader ages 4-7, 2015
3. Ad hoc early years music workshops at Redbridge Music School
Bait-Ul-Ilm Ismaili Religious Community music sessions, from 2009
1. Lead music sessions for ages 3 to 13 throughout London
2. Arrange vocal religious music for workshop setting with youth instrumentalists
3. Develop series of sessions culminating in a community performance
Institute of Ismaili Studies- Consultant for Using Music in the Classroom workshops for upcoming teachers, 2010-2016
Private bass lessons since 2008
My goal is to guide progress and development to take you where you would like to be with music. With a desire to learn, open mind, focus and dedication to improve, anything is possible.
Lessons are tailored to individual needs. Most lessons balance time spent on technical exercises, repertoire and songs, aural training and music theory. I constantly evaluate student posture and habits with influence from the Alexander Technique to ensure a solid foundation that facilitates musical interpretation and character.
I appreciate that all my students have their own goals and direction with music, so I take it as a personal challenge to ensure they progress as they wish.
With a fun and productive learning environment, my teaching studio is comfortable with a large mirror that allows students to easily identify technique and posture concepts. Bass stool is provided.
My students are taught in a way that they learn to apply concepts and ideas themselves. I encourage my students to be self-learning, free thinkers and develop their own unique sound.
Further discounts available for 90 minutes and 2 hour lessons.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British), Urdu
Availability: Weekdays (daytime)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Guildhall School of Music and Drama (2010) - Master of Leadership, Guildhall School of Music and Drama (Masters) (✔ On File)
- The Juilliard School (2008) - Bachelor of Music, The Juilliard School (Peter Mennin Prize for outstanding achievement and leadership in music) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||1|
|Total Positive Feedback:|