Information About Melanie - Woodford Green teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Melanie:
BMus (Hons) degree in Music (2:1)
Goldsmiths College, University of London
1st Study: French horn
2nd Study: Voice
A-Level & GCSE Music
Grade 8 French horn
Instruments: Voice (Contemporary Pop, Jazz & Soul) and French horn
Vocal styles: Pop, Jazz, Soul, Classical (beginners)
Ability Levels: Beginners to Intermediate
I have been tutored and mentored by renowned singing teacher, Mary Hammond since 2010.
I have also performed in choirs (supporting Mercury prize winner ESKA and The Matthew Herbert Big Band at the Barbican; on BBC1 TV show Last Choir Standing; to adjudicator Gareth Malone at the Town Hall Birmingham), bands and currently sing as a solo pop artist (Melanie George).
Learning the French horn and piano from an early age, I have performed in ensembles at venues like The Royal Albert Hall (London), Symphony Hall (Birmingham), twice at Carnegie Hall (New York City) to name but a few!
Please see past musical highlights below:
- Vocals recorded for radio jingles used by Bauer Media (Wisebuddah Jingles & Music Imaging)
- Co-wrote & recorded with EMI Records A&R for a girl band project after reaching final audition stages of talent search
- Sang with my band under alias 'Grace Diesel & Her Band' (2012-2015)
- Principal French horn, Goldsmiths Sinfonia
- Member of the Goldsmiths Vocal Ensemble
- Member of the Shropshire Youth Orchestra (2002-2007)
- Member of the Abraham Darby Academy for the Performing Arts national and international award-winning Showband (Principal French Horn), Brass Band (Solo Tenor Horn) and Jazz Band (Piano) (2002-2007)
Music has been the most important part of my life since I was young, and I consider it a privilege to help guide a student in their path as they learn and perform. Determination, dedication and commitment are just some of the qualities that carry forward with you as a result of learning to sing or play an instrument… and it's also a lot of fun! This is the same for children and adults at any level.
My main focus with singers is on contemporary pop, soul and jazz genres, however I also have a classical music background and welcome pupils wishing to explore a classical route with their voice.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Goldsmiths College, University of London (2011) - BMus (Hons) (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)