Information About Matthew - High Wycombe teacher
Matthew offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
I'm a professional countertenor about to graduate from the Royal Conservatoire Scotland’s Alexander Gibson Opera Studio under the tutelage of Iain Paton, Philip White, and Duncan Williams. My upcoming performances for 2021/22 include Dardano (cover)– Amadigi di Gaula, Handel with Garsington Opera as an Alvarez Young Artist; Refugee – Flight, Dove (RCS), & Cesare – Giulio Cesare, Handel (RCS)
During my time at the RCS I've the roles of Boy/Angel – Written on Skin; Orfeo – Orfeo ed Euridice; & Filch – Die Dreigroschenoper. I have a passion for modern operas and am an excellent sight reader. Most recently I've recorded new works with the Red Note Ensemble, collaborating with composers and musicians at the RCS as part of their contemporary music festival PLUG.
I have taught privately for over 5 years both in person and online on Skype & Zoom (before Covid-19 made it fashionable) of 10-20 students of all age ranges and vocal ability.
I have taught students who are part of a choral society and sing for the enjoyment of it and I've also successfully prepared students for ABRSM & Diploma exams.
Singing is fun and pure enjoyment! We sing because we love the music and that is a core principal to my singing tuition. You'll never lose your passion for music with me. Whether it's Opera, Classical, Pop, Choral - whatever is your passion I can help you further and keep enjoying it.
I tailor my teaching to whatever your needs and targets are. Typically the process follows as this:
• Start singing the music you love!
• Discuss your aims, ambitions & targets
• Put a plan in place to achieve those goals
• If you require a disciplined approach we do that. If you want pure enjoyment we do that too! Whatever you require, whatever helps you learn to your skill set, we do it.
• Achieve it and enjoy!
Whatever you decide, vocal health is a top priority for me. Singing is great and you want to be able to do it for years to come. Whatever genre we sing I will promote a healthy vocal technique which will ensure that not only will you sing it well, you'll be singing it with consistency with much enjoyment.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Alexander Gibson Opera School, Royal COnservatoire of Scotland (2021) - MMus Opera (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Royal Academy of Music (2017) - MA Vocal studies (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Bristol (2014) - BA Music (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)