Information About Lewis - Haverhill teacher - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Lewis:
Born in Suffolk, Lewis Braham began playing the bass at the age of fifteen.
He is a graduate from the Royal College of Music in London and studied with Tony Hougham, the Principal Double Bass of the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden.
Since beginning his studies at the RCM, Lewis has performed in many prestigious venues across London and the UK, including Nutcracker with the English National Ballet at London Coliseum, Last Night of the Christmas Proms with the London Concert Orchestra at the Barbican Centre, London Concert Orchestra at Symphony Hall Birmingham, the X Factor ‘Disco Week’ Live Show at Fountain Studios Wembley, Stonefree Festival at the 02 Arena, and many concerts at Royal Albert Hall, Royal Festival Hall, Cadogan Hall, Queen Elizabeth Hall, Maida Vale Studios and St Paul's Cathedral.
Lewis is an experienced session player, he has played in recording sessions at Abbey Road Studios, Angel Studios and Metropolis Studios, and is also in demand within the Royal College of Music, recording new works by its student composers.
He has worked with many internationally renowned conductors and musicians such as Bernard Haitink, Vladimir Jurowski, Vladimir Ashkenazy, Sir Roger Norrington, Edward Gardner, Nicola Benedetti, Jennifer Pike, Deep Purple, Rick Wakeman and Milos Karadaglic. Lewis has also performed in masterclasses with distinguished bassists Joel Quarrinton, Enrico Fagone, Gabriele Ragghianti, Dan Styffe, Paul Ellison and Donovan Stokes.
In 2015 Lewis premiered 'Leaving St Kilda' a piece composed for him by renowned bassist David Heyes. Leaving St Kilda depicts the last few days and the evacuation of the island St. Kilda in the 1930's after centuries of inhabitation.
Lewis is the Lower Strings Tutor for the Suffolk Youth Orchestra, where he held the position of principal Bass before he moved to London. He has toured extensively around Europe with the Suffolk Youth Orchestra, performing in many venues in across Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland and the Czech Republic.
Lewis is an Instrumental Teacher for Thurrock Music Services, Visiting Teacher of Double Bass (Maternity Cover) at Haileybury, Visiting Teacher of Double Bass at South Lee School in Bury St Edmunds, Peripatetic Lower Strings Teacher at St John’s School in Billericay, Double Bass Professor for the Arts Academy and also teaches privately.
Lewis is a budding conductor, having studied under Peter Stark and Natalia Luis-Bassa. He also partakes in participatory music education, which involves organising musical workshops for children and adults.
• Visiting Teacher of Double Bass (Maternity Cover) – Haileybury – September 2017 - Present
• Visiting Teacher of Double Bass – South Lee School, Bury St Edmunds – June 2017 - Present
• Peripatetic Lower Strings Teacher – St John’s School, Billericay – November 2016 – Present
• Instrumental Teacher for Thurrock Music Services – November 2016 – Present
• Double Bass Professor for Arts Academy – August 2016 – Present
• Lower Strings Tutor (Suffolk Youth Orchestra) – Suffolk County Music Service – December 2014 – Present
• Private Cello Teacher (Samuel Ward Academy) - August 2011 – July 2012
• Private Double Bass Teacher – Summer 2012 – Present
• RCM Sparks Orchestral Mentor – Autumn Term 2012 – July 2016
I teach from beginner to advanced whether just playing for fun or for graded exams/diplomas. I use technique books to ensure all of my students acquire the highest technique possible. I cover the whole Double Bass repertoire (solo, chamber and orchestral) covering all aspects of playing to develop a strong secure player.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Educare (2017) - Child Protection in Education (Music) Level 2 (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- Royal College of Music (2016) - BMus (Hons) (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)