Information About Kristiana - Guildford teacher - (4 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Kristiana:
I am a Musicians' Union (MU) and also an ISM (Incorporated Society of Musicians) member since 2016.
First Class Honours degree "Professional Music Performance" at the Academy of Contemporary Music
"BAST" (Be A Singing Teacher) vocal training course
"Teaching Young Voices" vocal training workshop
I provide private music tuition since 2015 mainly focusing on developing vocal technique, vocal health and performance elements (contemporary music).
I also teach music theory and piano up to Grade 5; prepare students for their exams/grades/auditions/performances; microphone technique; harmonies (backing vocals).
Music has always been a passion of mine and I enjoying sharing it with my students as well as passing on the knowledge I have. I do enjoy teaching as a process and seeing students grow and achieve their goals has been a great interest of mine since I started teaching a couple of years ago. "Vocal technique geek" is a combination that probably describes me well, I have read dozens of books and always have a book to read that is voice-technique related. Understanding of the voice (from physical and scientific point of view) and how it works in connection to our body has helped me to develop the most.
I teach my students to gain a thorough understanding of voice and tailor the lessons to suit their singing/performance and vocal health needs as well as provide effective exercises.
All ages and various levels are welcome!
Note: I have a DBS Enhanced certificate that ensures children are safe whilst attending the lessons.
I do drive and cover a radius of 5 miles around Guildford for an extra charge of £5.
Discounts available if you buy more 5 or more lessons together!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British)
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- The Academy of Contemporary Music (2017) - Professional Music Performance (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- The Academy of Contemporary Music, Guildford (2015) - BTEC Level 3 Vocals Diploma (Other) (✔ On File)
- Bauska Music School (2006) - Vocational education certificate (classical pianist) (Other) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||4|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
Thank you for your feedback.
I am sorry that you are so disappointed, but unfortunately, the reason for £10 what you call 'extra' charge was because of the following:
1) You booked 1-hr lesson which costs £35 if it is for one student, however, you actually wanted it for both of your children, 30 minutes each (it clearly states on my profile that a 30 minute lesson costs £25). So the fact that I sent you an invoice asking for a charge £25 x 2 seems fair to me, where you were willing to pay £35 + £5 travelling cost.
2) You are actually out of my area that I usually cover (more than 5 miles), however, as a good will I still agreed to travel to you. I always charge extra to cover the travelling when I attend lessons at student's residence, however, this was not even applied.
You have not actually had a lesson with me and the feedback of 1 star does not seem fair as you cannot rate my teaching quality.
I hope you find a music teacher within your area and within your budget. Best of luck!
I finally feel for the first time that I have actually "cracked" and figured out the concept of learning the instrument, and I look forward to many more years of enjoyment of this unique instrument.