Information About Kevin - Pontypool teacher - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Kevin:
Skype for guitar tuition is available.
MEd.L / BEd / BA Music Industry Entrepreneurship / OCR Moderator.
Registered with EWC; full enhanced CRB.
Level 6 Guitar Grade.
Educational award winner.
Entered into the Good Schools Guide for high achievement.
Previous approved trainer for WCVA, Job Centre Plus and Careers Wales / ReAct.
Previous Music Leader for Bristol Plays Music - Colston Hall.
Prior member of the Registry of Guitar Tutors.
Prior member of the National Institute of Music Instrument Repairers.
Guitar / Bass / Ukulele / 4-String Dulcimer:
* Beginner / Intermediate
* Electric / Acoustic guitar
* Rhythm and lead / melody
* Use of the whole neck - scales and chords
* Theory on 'how it works', for you to continue learning independently
* Support with Trinity / Rock School / RGT grades.
* Specialisms: Blues / Country / Rock / Easy Listening / Slide
* Guitar Repair Training
2010 – Present:
* Supply Teacher, Primary / Comprehensive School: Music, ICT, Art, Food, D/T, Maths, Business Studies, English.
* Music Tutor
* Exam Board Moderator / Examiner
* Course writer for Udemy online training platform
* Guitar Repair (up to Advanced)
9/95 to 8/11 Teacher (QTS) / Examiner / Assessor / Assistant Head Teacher / Initial Teacher Training Subject Advisor:
Music is … well, it just is! Some of you want to just play, others want grades. Let's do either / or, or both.
Some of you are intimidated by other musicians - here, you don't need to worry about your skill level, we're just learning and playing.
I believe in the 'Duey approach' i.e. 'learning by doing' - less talk, more play. If you come to the lesson with an idea, let's explore it.
Music I believe, should be simple yet challenging enough to play and enjoy, it's about the 'experience', the 'feel'.
We can build in the theory and technical aspects as and when the opportunity arises.
Keith Richards explained that the guitar is a never-ending fascinating instrument, always something more to learn - I completely believe this.
My advice would be to play what you know … your way … for you. Study the music theory, understand what you do, so you can learn independently.
Soloing. It's better to make that one note sweet in the right place at the right time, rather than a dozen notes sour that have no feel or meaning.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of South Wales, Atrium (2014) - Found. Degree, Music Industry Entrepreneurship (College) (✔ On File)
- Berklee College of Music, Boston (2010) - BMP 122a.01 Blues Guitar Workshop (College) (✔ On File)
- Open University (2007) - MEd, Leadership, Management, Pedagogy (Masters) (✔ On File)
- UWCN, Caerleon (1995) - BEd, Technology (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||1|
|Total Positive Feedback:|