Information About Jonathan - Chesham teacher
This is how 3 referees rated Jonathan:
Over ten years of professional performing and teaching experience.
Previously principal Trunpet with the Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra and Trumpet Professor at the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts.
See below for performance and educational work.
• Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra - Principal (2003-2010)
• Netherlands Radio Philharmonic Orchestra - Principal (2001-02)
• Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Principal (2004)
• West Australian Symphony Orchestra - Principal (2004)
• Hallé Orchestra - Principal (2007)
• BBC Philharmonic Orchestra - Assistant Principal (2008-09)
• Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Guest Principal
• BBC Philharmonic Orchestra - Guest Principal
• BBC Concert Orchestra
• Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra - Guest Principal
• Royal Scottish National Orchestra
• Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra - Guest Principal
• London Concert Orchestra-Guest Principal
• Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra
• Birmingham Royal Ballet
• Welsh National Opera
• Orchestre Philharmonique Luxembourg- Guest Principal
• Orquestra Sinfónica do Porto Casa da Música- Guest Principal
• Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra
• Netherlands Philharmonic Orchestra
• Singapore Symphony Orchestra
• Netherlands Opera - Guest Principal
• Orkest Van Het Oosten - Guest Principal
• Manchester Camerata - Guest Principal
Currently brass teaching for:
Buckinghamshire Music Service
Private students, groups and individuals.
Chesham Trumpet and Trombone club
Hertfordshire county youth wind and brass band courses
Trinity college of music: Masterclasses
• Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts – Trumpet Professor (2003-10)
• Hong Kong Chinese University – Trumpet Professor (2004-06)
• Hong Kong Baptist University – Trumpet Professor (2007-10)
• Masterclasses: Trinity College of Music, London ◦ Silpakorn University, Bangkok, Hong Kong Music Office. Singapore, Brass Explosion Music festival. Several schools and festivals.
Motivational, inspiring, structured and reward orientated.
Brass playing needn't be to complicated but should be fun!
Additional Languages: Tagalog
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Royal Academy of Music (2001) - Post graduate in Performance (Other) (✔ On File)
- Trinity College of Music (2000) - Bmus (Bachelors) (✔ On File)