Information About Joana - Hereford teacher - (13 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Joana:
AVAILABLE: Sundays to Thursdays.
Part-time Maths Lecturer in an arts college, and freelance digital editor.
PGCE with subject specialism in A-Level Music Technology.
Former Senior Broadcast Technician at Uppingham School, where I ran the TV and Radio stations.
BSc Audio and Music Technology - First Class Honours Degree (2012)
ABRSM Music Theory Grade 5 - Merit (2014)
See also FirstTutors Academic, Languages and Arts & Crafts.
Over 1500 hours of teaching.
Top 5 subjects:
- GCSE Maths (490 hours)
- Beginner Portuguese (230 hours)
- English for Beginners (230 hours)
- A-Level Music Technology (137 hours)
- GCSE Spanish (100 hours)
My sessions follow a planned scheme of work suited for the qualification/aim the tutees are seeking, tailored to their needs. My preferred teaching methods include investigation, learning from questions, test practice, practical experimentation, and lecturing/demonstration. I encourage tutees to engage in reading and writing when appropriate. I follow a philosophy where any subject is accessible to anyone, so that I am committed to work with every tutee whether they are new to the subject or experienced.
Music theory lessons will be assisted with the use of keyboard or electric guitar, and music software (Logic and/or GarageBand) to enhance learning.
I have a very patient approach yet challenging my students to achieve better and better. My students would describe me as organised, hard-working, approachable, sensitive to personal needs, and celebrating their every success.
Available Online: Skyp', FaceTime, and e-mail.
Cancellations: 24-hour policy.
More details will be listed in the tuition agreement.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British), Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Birmingham City University (2015) - Post-Compulsory Education Teaching (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- ABRSM (2014) - Music Theory Grade 5 (Other) (✔ On File)
- University of the West of England (2012) - Audio and Music Technology (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Hereford Sixth Form College (2008) - A-levels: Portuguese, Mathematics, Music Technology. AS: Physical Education, Product Design, Further Mathematics (College) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||13|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
I would recommend her especially for someone who needed an adaptable tutor.