Information About Iulian - Reading teacher - (4 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Iulian:
Iulian offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
Music has been a big part of my life from an early age. After graduating my music education in Romania with maximum grade, I started my career as a professional violinist, having the opportunity to play with the Bucharest Philharmonic Orchestra and the National Radio Orchestra, and also around this time I found my passion for teaching violin and piano.
Soon after, I won an audition for the Aarhus Symphony Orchestra in Denmark, where I learnt a lot about orchestra playing, having the opportunity to play with world famous conductors and soloists. One of the job responsibilities was to work with children as part of a music education project, led by members of the orchestra. That's also where I picked up my passion for baroque music and period instruments, becoming a member of one of the leading professional baroque ensembles in Denmark, BaroqueAros. After my contract ended, and after meeting my partner who is British, I've decided to move to the UK, where I got to be a part of a very dynamic and diverse music scene, playing and teaching in Reading, London, and the South East of England. I've had the chance to perform with various ensembles, orchestras and solo in many different venues, like the Reading University Great Hall, the Reading Abbey School, the Wigmore Hall in London, Southwark Cathedral, etc.
When I'm not performing, I dedicate most of my time to teaching, either as a visiting tutor at different schools in Reading, working for a private music school in Henley-on-Thames, or teaching privately at the student's place or mine.
Even though english is not my native language, I'm proficient with english, having a IELTS Academic Test Diploma with an overall Band 8 achievement.
I also own an enhanced DBS check with update service, and I am trained in Safe Guarding.
I started teaching since I was a student, more than 8 years ago, and since then I taught violin and piano in 3 different countries, allowing me to have a unique perspective over teaching techniques and styles. Over the last few years I've worked as a teacher for the New Musicians Institute, a private music school providing home tutoring as well as in schools around North Surrey and Berkshire, for Teach Major, based in Slough, for Cherry Garden Music School based in St Piran's, Maidenhead and for Masterkeys Music School based in Henley-on-Thames.
Growing up in a family of musicians, I learnt that playing an instrument isn't only about the individual practice and personal gain, but also it's about communicating feelings in a non-verbal language. That is why, during my lessons, I like to play alongside the student, showing that you can have lots of fun while playing, but at the same time learn some very important skills, that will help you become confident playing in front of others.
What to expect from my lessons:
- I am always patient, calm, and make sure the environment is pleasant and stress free
- I don't apply a 'repeat after me' strategy, as this will reduce the understanding of the music theory knowledge, so I like to make sure that my student learns and understands reading notes, as this will be an extremely useful tool for a succesful musician that will help them become independent later on
- I take the time to teach every new notion and I don't like to rush through the learning process, as learning a new instrument takes time and a lot of getting used to
- I do however play often for and together with my students, both for motivating them and to enjoy making music together
- I consider that in order to feel confidence and enjoyment while playing an instrument, there needs to be a good balance between the practice of note reading and having fun with music.
My students describe me as being very calm and never out of patience, which helps them build confidence and enjoy the lesson.
I work really well with all age groups, my youngest student is 5, while my oldest is 81. I encouarge any adult or student who feel a connection to music but think it's too late to pick up an instrument, to give it a go and try it. You'll be surprised how rewarding it is.
I'm also experienced in preparing young students for Grade Exams and recitals.
Minimum 24 hours cancellation policy applies, thank you.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British), German
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- National University of Music, Bucharest (2015) - MMus (Masters) (✔ On File)
- National University of Music, Bucharest (2013) - BMus (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||4|
|Total Positive Feedback:|