Information About Haula - Holland Park teacher - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Haula:
My name is Haula and I am a classically trained singing and piano teacher who specialises in pop vocals and pop songwriting. I am highly experienced and firmly rooted in the UK music industry having been a performing artist for the past 7 years and more recently completing a Masters in Commercial Music. Having been a song writer for the past 5 years, I have recently honed my skills and completed a Masters in Commercial Song/writing and production. I've also worked at numerous studios including Metropolis studio, Tileyard studios, and Nashville and taken part in a number of songwriting camps with various established songwriters / producers.
Masters Degree - Music (commercial songwriting and production)
Piano - up to Grade 6 (but play professionally)
Private Vocal Lessons: Classical (mezzo-soprano) & Pop vocal training.
1. Spitfire Audio scholarship recipient for Songwriting and Production
2. Funded and supported by Mobo Awards / Help musicians UK
3. BBC 1 (Huw Stephens), BBC 6 (Tom Robbinson), BBC 1XTRA (Jamz Supernova)
4. Nominated for 2 UMA awards: Best Female Solo Act and Best Urban Act 2018
5. Featured in NME / Line of Best Fit / Pigeons and Planes / MTV / MOBO
6. Worked in Nashville with Global Parlmer Inc
7.Part of the biggest songwriting camp in Europe organisaed by Tileyard Studios and Nottinghill Publishers
8. Music featured on key New MUSIC Friday playlists including NMF Germany / France
9. Syncs with Sky TV / America for Famous Footwear.
10. Performances at Truck Festival, o2 Academy, Ronnie Scotts, Rockwood Music Hall (New York) etc.
I have been privately teaching singing, beginners piano for over 3 years and songwriting for just under a year. My students range from 5 year olds to adults. I focus on teaching the instrument rather than grades.
I love working with students on what they want to study rather than following a strict schedule. I believe creativity is key in developing one's musicianship and therefore believe in allowing my students to be free to explore especially with songwriting and piano. I specialise in pop vocals.
Some elements covered in the singing Lessons:
Focus on popular music and what the students wants to learn.
Extending vocal range
Conquering pitch and tone issues
Improving performance confidence - I work with my students in building their stage presence and performance skills
Singing pop / soul music
Piano with a focus on popular music. I help my students learn the instrument rather than focusing on grades. We learn to play popular songs that the students want to learn which makes learning piano much easier and more fun for them.
I teach my students songwriting for radio / TV as well as aspects of the music business. We analyse song structure, melody and lyrics etc
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Tileyard Studios & Nottingham Trent (2018) - Music - Commercial songwriting and Production (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Royal Holloway Univ of London (2011) - BSc Psychology (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- private (2007) - Piano - grade 6 (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- Cheney school (2006) - Music GCSE - Grade B (School) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||1|
|Total Positive Feedback:|