Information About Harriet - Shrewsbury teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Harriet:
I am a pianist, composer and piano teacher based in Shrewsbury with 10+ years of piano experience. I am Classically-trained but have a professional background in a variety of styles including pop and folk. I hold a First Class Honours degree in BA Music from the University of Leeds, an A Level in Music (EDEXCEL Grade 'A'), and I also studied at the leading conservatoire Leeds College of Music, specialising in composition. Throughout the past five years, I have enjoyed working with a variety of people; both in schools and with adults.
• Member of ISM (Incorporated Society of Musicians)
• DBS checked
• 100% exam pass rate
Lessons are suitable for:
• Beginners or casual learners
• Intermediate or advanced students - You are looking to develop your piano technique, sound and interpretation to a higher degree
• You want to discover or rediscover your love of music
• The musician/artist - You want targeted help in honing your craft (singers and/or producers welcome). This may include sessions in recording, songwriting, and developing a deeper understanding of harmony
• All ages (4+) welcome
30, 60 minute or 90 minute lessons are available, depending on what you want to achieve in each session. You are welcome to schedule a single initial lesson with me without having to commit to continuing afterwards.
My lessons cover:
• Physical approach and technique
• Artistry and Expression
• Music Theory
• Building your confidence
• Grades 1 - 8 Exam Preparation- ABRSM or Trinity, including Grade 5 music theory (optional)
• Participation in recording sessions (optional)
Given the correct guidance and ongoing motivation, I believe that every student is capable of expressive and effortless playing. Your abilities will develop out of practicing effectively, setting your goals, and correcting past mistakes. Most importantly, it is really about enjoying what you do! I want to encourage your enthusiasm for music by focussing on the music you want to play, and helping you to develop your tone, technique, and interpretation to a much higher degree. I will finely tune and adjust lessons to suit your interests and abilities. Having studied music to degree level, I am very happy to teach any age (4+) and ability.
Students are able to progress through music examinations (Grades 1 to Grade 8) if they wish, but this is not required! I'm also very happy to offer advice and coaching for students wishing to pursue music in higher education. I aim to encourage an overall sense of fluency on the piano and together we will focus on your technical and musical development.
90 minutes £35
1 hour lesson £25
30 minute lesson £15
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Leeds (2016) - BA Music 1st Class Honours (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- University of Leeds (2016) - Undergraduate Music Award for Outstanding Achievement (Other) (✔ On File)
- Leeds College of Music (2014) - Cert HE in Composition (Other) (✔ On File)
- ABRSM (2008) - Grade 8 Piano and Grade 5 Theory (Other) (✔ On File)