Information About Greta - Manchester teacher - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Greta:
- I have graduated as a Master of Music in Piano Performance (Distinction) at the Royal Northern College of Music;
- I have finished George Georgescu Arts High-school as top of the class, with grade A in Music Theory, History of Music, Piano, Harmony, Music Forms and Singing;
- I like to find connections between music and other subjects (mathematics, visual arts, dancing, literature);
- The fact that I have a lot of commitments (such as concerts, cultural events, competitions) makes me very organised and being on time is very important to me.
- I am very adaptable to different kinds of personalities and temperaments;
I have experience in teaching piano to children and adults of all ages, levels, and musical preferences. My youngest student is 3 and my oldest 60. All students are welcomed, including those with learning disabilities, as I truly believe music is for everyone!
I am running my own music teaching studio located in Manchester City Centre and I also teach piano in secondary schools and I am a dep for the Yorkshire Young Musicians.
During my training at the Royal Northern College of Music, I was offered the opportunity to teach piano in primary schools as part of the Piano Teaching module from which I graduated with Distinction.
Other teaching experiences include workshops at the Bridgewater Hall (Music Baby) and the Halle (Christmas with the Halle).
In my opinion, music is an art which incorporate all the other arts (dance, visual arts, literature) and has the power to change human emotions. In fact, in ancient Greece, people believed that music has its own ethos capable to make people better and kind. This is why I like to make my students understand that music is not separated from everything they already know.
In my sessions with young children I usually like to use colours, stories and make them use their imagination to bring to life the music they play.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British), French, Romanian
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Incorporated Society of Musicians (2019) - Registered Private Tutor (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- Royal Northern College of Music (2018) - Piano Performance (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Royal Northern College of Music; Manchester (2016) - BMus Piano Performance (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- George Georgescu Arts Highschool; Tulcea, Romania (2000) - High-school Diploma (School) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||1|
|Total Positive Feedback:|