Information About Giacomo - Cardiff teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Giacomo:
Hello! My name is Giacomo and I am an experienced piano and trombone performer and tutor. I specialise in classical and jazz music on both instruments, as well as music theory up to Grade 6 standard. I have over 10 years of performing experience with both instruments and I have had the privilege of performing at venues such as the Barbican Centre, the Fairfield Halls, Blackheath Halls and Cadogan Hall. I attended Junior Trinity music conservatoire for two years during my A levels before going on to studying a BSc in Physical Geography at Aberystwyth University. During this time, I continued my musical endeavours, performing in orchestras as well as expanding my repertoire by performing in a choir during my final year of study.
I am open to teaching all ages and a wide variety of abilities, and I endeavour to tailor my lessons to each student's individual needs. Every student is different and will progress at different paces.
An exemplary instrumental lesson may be set out as follows:
- Warm up exercises, such as scales, arpeggios, etc.
- Focusing on posture
- Focusing on playing style (classical or jazz)
- Improving breathing techniques (for trombone)/hand techniques (for piano)
- Practising/playing through a piece/several pieces of music
- Practise on sight reading (for classical players)/improvisation (for jazz players)
I currently have over two years of experience tutoring piano students.
I believe in catering my lessons to every individual student's needs, and I am welcoming to everyone, whether you have a burning passion to become a professional musician or you want to take a new instrument up as a hobby. Rather than being here to dictate every student's direction, I want to instead allow the student to have as much of an input in the lesson as I do, as I believe that giving students control over their learning environment creates a much more enriching and rewarding experience.
Most importantly, I want the student to have fun! Music is a cathartic experience, and so when you have a lesson with me, I believe that the most important part of every lesson is that the student is enjoying themselves.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Aberystwyth University (2018) - Physical Geography (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Trinity Guildhall (2012) - Grade 8 Trombone (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- ABRSM (2009) - Grade 8 Piano (Other) (✘ Not On File)