Information About George - Loughborough teacher
This is how 2 referees rated George:
I turned my attention from computers and video games to guitar when I was 13, by 15 I was gigging in my local area and I haven't properly stopped since. I studied music throughout school and on to college and university finishing with a FDA and BA(hons) in Applied Music and Creative Music Production.
I now work as a self-employed Sound Engineer and Guitar Tutor at my home studio and Freelance for several companies in Leicester, Nottingham and Derby.
Most of my long term music experience has been with metal bands in my local area. Last being; 'Awaking Athena' embarking multiple UK tours, CD release and Management signing. I also play bass in a new pop- band 'Next year', also releasing CD's and embarking on shows up and down the country.
I had no professional musical direction up until university nearly musical ability was self-taught, meaning most of the things I've learnt where achieved the long and hard way (most of the time the wrong way).
Theres not really much I get up to out of music these days, I enjoy gigging, Travelling and working on cars.
I started teaching while studying for my degree in 2013, Its now become the best part of my full time job.
Through my Teaching experience I've worked at the following institutions:
- 2013/2016 - Primary Electric Guitar Tutor / Aspect Guitar & Drum Tuition
- 2016/Present - Guitar Tutor / Studio26a (Self Employed)
- June 2017/Present - Guitar & Bass Tutor / Loughborough Studios
- RGT Member; 2016 - Present
- RSL Registered Tutor 2017 - Present
From taking on a new student I try to establish the Individuals learning styles, everyones different. I do my best to target all Verbal, Visual, Kinaesthetic, Auditory, Mathematical techniques. I pay lots of attention to the individuals dexterity to make sure they're building healthy technique and muscle memory to avoid making painful errors later down the line (somewhat like I did). I find it also aids the ability when learning things on your own.
As far as material goes, I like to establish 3 targets (short, mid & long term) for the student to work towards. I try keep students on the Rockschool or RGT path's as this helps keep linear progression. Casual students not wanting to follow grades are more than welcome.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University Of Derby (2015) - Applied Music BA (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- University Of Derby (2014) - Creative Music Production FDA (College) (✘ Not On File)
- Rawlins Community College (2011) - Music Performance (College) (✘ Not On File)
- Rawlins Community College (2011) - Music Technology (College) (✘ Not On File)