Information About Emer - Lewisham teacher
This is how 4 referees rated Emer:
I am a dedicated and nurturing teacher here to help you to unlock the power and potential of your voice. I specialise in teaching children, young adults and beginners. My lessons offer a holistic, detailed and fun approach to your personal needs and formative development.
I have been working as a professional vocalist for 10 years and have classical training from The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama graduating with a first-class BA Hons in 2017. I have a wealth of performance experience from singing at The Royal Albert Hall to the Glastonbury Festival and am also a professionally published songwriter signed to an independent record label. My ethos in life is 'share joy', singing has brought me profound happiness and fulfilment, and I want for it to bring the same to you!
I have over 10 years of training and experience behind me. I have worked in schools, run priva**Contact Detail Removed**ssons, group workshops and have a variety of experience working with all ages and abilities. I specialise in teaching children, young adults and beginners.
I am a relaxed, flexible and dynamic teacher whose focus is on joy, self-expression and building confidence. I will work with you to come up with a teaching plan that will best suit you. I am very open to all musical styles so will make sure that the material we are covering is always what you want to be learning! Every lesson is a step towards having a full, healthy, resonant singing voice free of any unnecessary tensions or discomfort. A free channel for unstoppable creative expression!
What can you expect?
- Creative connection - Why we sing
- Preparation for singing- Understanding the importance of the body and posture
- Physical relaxation techniques/ Addressing blocks and tension
- Alexander technique
- Understanding the human body as an instrument
- Breath control, diaphragmatic support
- Manipulation of sound (articulation)
- Efficient Warmup exercises
- Progressive exercises - expanding your vocal range
- Improving vocal tone
- Musicality and phrasing (phrasing, dynamics, rhythm, genre, style)
- Music Theory
- A study of various musical genres
- Developing artistic expression
I also offer lessons in
- Recording at home
- Music production
Many thanks for reading, Get in touch and start the journey of discovering your voice!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama (2017) - 1st Class BA Hons Vocal Technique and Performance (Acting) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)