Information About Elena - Ladbroke Grove teacher
This is how 4 referees rated Elena:
After completing my bachelor degree in Milano, Italy, I moved to London, where I attended a two-year Master of Arts course at the Royal Academy of Music in London.
Here I gained a high-level professional training in cello, chamber music and orchestral playing.
I was awarded chamber music Junior Fellowship at the Royal Academy of Music, which enabled me to continue my musical development under appropriate guidance and at the same time gain professional experience in order to bridge the gap between school and professional world. As a Junior Fellow I was also expected to contribute to the Academy’s educational activities.
With my string quartet, formed at the Royal Academy, I carried on with my studies, obtaining a Chamber Music Master degree in Germany, at the Hochschule fur Musik in Hannover, studying with Oliver Wille, violinist of the world renowned Kuss Quartet.
As well as enjoying an intense performing activity in various music festivals across Europe, I currently work as a freelance orchestral player in the UK and Italy and I very passionately teach music for children and adults.
I enjoy teaching beginners as well as more advanced students, I enjoy very much working with children, both with those who are taking their first steps into the music world and with those who already have some kind of music education.
- Awarded Junior Chamber music Fellowship at the Royal Academy of Music, London: teaching first year bachelor students, collaboration for chamber music students activities.
- Nominated Young Professional String Quartet in residence at the Ensemble-Training Programme ProCorda: cello and chamber music teaching for ProCorda young ensembles
- Worked for the Westminster Music Service: giving workshops at public schools through the Westminster Music Service
- Worked for the LPO Foyle Future Education and Community Programme: pre-concert educational and music promotional activities.
- Selected for the professional training European Vacation Chamber Orchestra 2014: music workshops given at various schools and colleges in the Yorkshire.
- Private Teaching in Milano until 2011 and in London since 2013 after graduating from the Academy.
- Teaching assistant at the Latina Conservatoire, Italy.
Aiming to develop a highly flexible and efficient way of teaching, I learned to provide tuition which is appropriate to each tutee’s needs and capabilities and progressively contributes to the development of all aspects of musical competence, including technical and creative.
My main aim while teaching is to enable the tutee to fully benefit from a musical education and develop his/her talent to the full.
When I am teaching children my goal is to build confidence and to motivate pupils with enthusiastic and imaginative presentation. I find important to relate with parents, providing feedback on a pupil's progress, and advising them on how to follow their children’s musical development.
I find very important to connect the instrumental teaching with theory aspects, such as rhythm, harmony and musical contexts and this is why I seek to provide creative and varied tuitions that involve also working on listening, singing, rhythmical exercises and ear training.
Additional Languages: English (British), German
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Hochschule fur musik, Hanover, Germany (2014) - Chamber music Master (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Royal Academy of Music, London (2013) - Master of Arts (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Conservatorio G.Verdi, Milano, Italy (2010) - Postgraduate degree (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Conservatorio O.Respighi, Latina, Italy (2008) - Undergraduate degree (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)