Information About Clare - Tiverton teacher - (4 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Clare:
I am a passionate teacher and musician. I enjoy being able to share my passion and knowledge with other people, and most especially with children. I have been a music teacher since the age of 15, meaning over half my life has been devoted to understanding how to teach and explore and inspire other people to enjoy and be passionate about music.
* I have taught in classroom school settings, peripatetic tutoring/visiting teaching, private home and group sessions for almost 25 years. This includes tutoring students from the ages of 3 to retirement age.
* I have taken groups for pre-schools, primary and secondary education, and have strong experience in accompanying university level and professional musicians. I have taught beginners through to advanced level throughout my teaching career.
* I have also been a professional performing musician (on piano), accompanist, a musicologist and theory tutor, and also offer these services.
* I teach in all musical styles, ranging from classical to jazz to popular music and music theatre.
* I have a broad range of experience in all these areas and this has all been brought to and focussed into my teaching style.
Music is a language, and it one that we are all inherently able to speak and understand. I see my task as being able to give students the skills to explore their musical ability. I am dedicated to inspiring and particularly guiding and supporting young students to learn about and reach their full potential through music. The challenges in learning a musical instrument can promote wonderful personal development, as well as enhancing one's love of music.
Most importantly, learning music must be fun, rewarding and fulfilling. I aim to give every student the tutoring that allows them as an individual to have that fun, rewarding and fulfilling experience of music.
Lessons are structured according to the needs and desires of my students, and my teaching style is tailored to individual learning styles. Focus can equally be on technical skills, games, musicality, exam preparation, performance preparation or casual enjoyment. I am relaxed in my manner, but do expect commitment to achieving goals from my students, whether big or small.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Melbourne Universty, Australia (2006) - Graduate Diploma in Education (PGCE equivalent) (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- Melbourne University, Australia (2003) - Bachelor of Music (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Australian Music Examination Board (ABRSM equivalent) (1999) - Associate Diploma in Music (DipABRSM equivalent) (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||4|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
Thank you Clare
See you on the 20th May.
See you next lesson!