Information About Ben - Leicester teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Ben:
I am self taught on Piano and Guitar and have been playing both for over 15 years. Most importantly, I play by ear and am able to teach the fundamental building blocks of music, enabling a student to play whatever he/she hears.
I am an experienced teacher including many subjects outside of music (sports, photography etc.)
If you've always wanted to be able to sit down and play a tune on the Piano but don’t fancy years of Classical Theory, Drills and Exams then this is for you.
Few people know this, but if you can whistle or hum a tune you’ve probably got what it takes to play piano - I will teach you the rest.
* Learn to match the tune in your head to the notes on a Piano
* Learn a few simple chords (The left Hand bit) to accompany your tune
* Build up and choose from a tool-kit of Chords and Rhythms to play any tune you like
* No Music Theory or Sheet Music required, just a pair of hands and a pair of ears.
I think learning the Piano should be enjoyable and rewarding. As children we learn to speak before we learn to read and I think the same should be true of music. My approach is: have fun learning to play and worry about the theory later!
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- N/A (1998) - GCSE (School) (✘ Not On File)