Information About Arthur - Chesham teacher
This is how 3 referees rated Arthur:
Arthur offers a discount of 25% on their first / introductory lesson!
Having recently completed my A-levels at Chesham Grammar School I have now begun my gap year. From this year, I’m looking to use my mathematical and musical skills to support others to further their knowledge and skills in these areas. I would like to learn new skills and techniques as well as using the time to bank some money prior to studying a Masters in Mathematics at University.
• ARSM Diploma – Distinction
• Orchestras – Member of school orchestra for 7 years, played for Bucks county youth orchestra for 2 years & contracted professionally for other orchestras.
• Grade 7 in Jazz Piano – Distinction
• Play to a grade 8 standard classically (demonstrated in my A Level Music when I performed Debussy’s Dr Gradus ad Parnassum and Brahms’s intermezzo in Eb op 117 No 1).
Teach Piano and French horn privately since 2016.
My approach to tuition largely depends on the student. For someone who wishes to pursue grades I follow the traditional teaching approach and for those who want to learn just for fun without grades (and even without music) I generally use the suzuki method, teaching pupils music by ear to help develop their listening skills. As well as this I teach improvisation and the basic methods employed when doing this.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Chesham Grammar School (2018) - A* Further Maths A Level (School) (✔ On File)
- Chesham Grammar School (2018) - A* Maths A Level (School) (✔ On File)
- Chesham Grammar School (2018) - A Music A Level (School) (✔ On File)
- Chesham Grammar School (2017) - A Physics AS Level (School) (✔ On File)