Information About Andrew - Birmingham teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Andrew:
An Operatic tenor that has completed a Masters in Vocal technique under the guidance of Dennis O'Neill CBE. Before this he completed a four year Bachelors of music with honours at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire.
Andrew is at the beginning of his professional career and has sung as a soloist at venues including St Davids Hall, Cardiff and De Montford Hall.
Alongside performing Andrew is already teaching a variety of pupils, teaching them vocal technique to enhance their singing be it in Classical music, Pop, Rock and Musical theatre.
2 years experience in Private tuition.
Have entered students in both ABRSM and Trinity exams.
Have also participated in a community engagement and pedagogy module in which I have taught classrooms in workshop settings.
Complete dedication to achieveing an efficient technique which will make singing healthy and more enjoyable. My lessons would look to include a variety of exercises which will work on:
• The function of breath and how the body supports the voice.
• Freedom of the tongue, and ensuring that the tongue is in the correct place for each of the 5 vowels.
• The passaggio, to ensure a smooth, effortless passage from middle voice to the top range of the voice.
• Approaching the top of the voice in a healthy manner.
My technical lessons are always tailored individually for each student as singing is very personal.
I understand that different students will have diverse needs and will work in different ways.
Alongside technique, I also recognise that students will need help with learning repertoire for them to enter grade exams and local music festivals. I can assure you that I would look to choose a suitable repertoire that would nurture not harm the student in their development.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Wales International Academy of Voice (2020) - Vocal Technique (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Royal Birmingham Conservatoire (2019) - Music Performance (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)