Information About Alice - Leatherhead teacher - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Alice:
I have been teaching singing for 17 years. My approach is holistic involving physical activities and imaginative games in addition to focused instruction and explanation. My students make good progress as well as enjoying their lessons and are noted for their secure technique and beautiful voices.
As a performer, I specialise in the song recital repertoire with a reputation for producing imaginative and unusual programmes of songs. I have recently recorded a CD of unusual repertoire and newly composed songs.
I love teaching theory - because understanding it is so important for practical music making.
Bassoon: I play regularly in Redhill Sinfonia and in ad hoc chamber music groups.
I currently teach singing privately at her home in Bookham and at City of London Freemen’s School where I also run two choirs. In addition to teaching singing, I also coach theory to Grade 5 and teach the bassoon. Previous experience includes teaching at Manor House School and Downsend.
Singing Teaching priorities are:
1) to create an environment where students feel free to explore their voices.
2) to make voice production as natural and easy as possible, freeing singers to express themselves creatively.
3) to work with each student as an individual and tailor activities to suit their needs.
4) to build a secure technique using the imagination and movement to help the voice to work. Technical exercises are fun and engage creative thought and movement as well as the voice.
Bassoon and theory. I make lessons enjoyable and productive and relevant to the student's needs.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Birkbeck College/Abbey Opera (2000) - Diploma in Performance (Opera) (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Surrey (1983) - BMus(Hons) (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||1|
|Total Positive Feedback:|