Information About Adam - Irvine teacher - (1 review)
This is how 3 referees rated Adam:
Adam offers a FREE first / introductory lesson!
I am freelance clarinettist, composer and recent graduate of the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
I currently teach 6 pupils throughout Ayrshire and Greater Glasgow. I have experience tutoring in bands and orchestras, giving one to one lessons from beginner to ABRSM Grade 8 and have a 100% pass rate in pupils who have been entered for an ABRSM exam. I holds a DipABRSM in Clarinet Teaching with Distinction, awarded in September 2020. My commitment to performance and music education was reflected by being selected as a finalist in the North Ayrshire Provost’s Civic Pride Awards in the Arts and Culture and Young Citizen categories in 2017.
I am also very experienced as a soloist, chamber and orchestral musician.
Freelance clarinettist and composer.
Worked with BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, Royal Scottish National Orchestra & Scottish Chamber Orchestra.
• ABRSM Grade 8 Clarinet (Distinction)
• Higher Leadership Award (Music Leaders Scotland)
• Tutored at North Ayrshire Junior Band
• Previous member of West of Scotland School's Orchestra and National
Youth Orchestra of Scotland Symphony Orchestra
• Winner of the RCS Classical Concerto and Concerto prizes.
• Hattori Foundation Senior Award Winner for 2021/22.
• Awarded Distinction in the Tunbridge Wells International Music
• Won First Prize in the CASSGB Clarinet Soloist Competition.
• Recipient of a Harrison Award, supported by Help Musicians.
• Supported by Dewar Arts Awards, The Cross Trust, Help Musicians,
CASSGB, The Caird Trust and the Hattori Foundation.
• Winner of the Governors Recital Prize for Woodwind at RCS.
• Winner of a Yamaha Music Foundation of Europe Clarinet Scholarship.
I am able to tailor my lessons to all ages and abilities. If you are a beginner, there is a wide range of beginner books that can be used tailored to your needs as a clarinet player and the type of music you want to play.
If you already have experience of playing the clarinet, you can bring me pieces you already know or I can find pieces which suit whatever level you are working at.
Or perhaps you want to sit ABRSM exams? We can work through the syllabus to find pieces that you enjoy and will challenge you.
No matter what stage you are at, I would love to help you develop your skills!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (2021) - BMus Performance (Hons) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (2020) - DipABRSM Instrumental Teaching (Other) (✔ On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||1|
|Total Positive Feedback:|