Information About Marie - Liverpool teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Marie:
Marie offers a discount of 25% on their first / introductory lesson!
|Price Guide||Online Lessons|
First of all, tell me about yourself, your expectations, and your hobbies if you decide to contact me… To help you finding out if I am the right tutor for you, here is a bit about myself :
I am French native speaker with an excellent command of English and a passion for French Language and culture : performing arts, notably drama and music - jazz, classical, rock, blues.
I live in Liverpool - my UK home and I love it - and I have kept a residence in Lyon, my hometown where I still work sometimes. Before I changed career and became a teacher, I worked for 6 years as a performing art manager with various cultural organization in France, including theatre festivals, professional music ensemble and dance companies.
I enjoy traveling, good food and good wine, going out with friends even if I am not a party animal at all. I love words and language and writing on my sparetime,is essential. I regularly attend language exchanges in Liverpool - that I strongly recommend to any language learner - in French, German, Italian.
My connexions in France are in Lyon, internationally celebrated for its cuisine, the Loire Valley, where famous Britons such as Jude Law and Mick Jagger spend holidays, celtic Britanny, our Scotland home of delicious Crepes, its rival Normandy famous for William the Conqueror and other Bayeux stuff, such as D-DAY, and the Mont St Michel. Not to mention Paris of course, more precisely the popular area of Barbès, between Montmartre and Square Clignancourt (my favorite place in the capitale together with Musée d'Orsay and Marais for shopping… ) where my sister resides.
I have gained a "licence" / BA in English and French in 2001 and a "maîtrise", 4 years degree in French Literature and education delivered by the university of Lyon in 2002 (equivalent to a BA hons degree, with a 1st) and a MA in arts management - at ENSATT a prestigious academy for Performing arts, similar to LIPA. This 3 years course included law, economics, marketing, management applied to cultural organizations.
Liverpool = Monday-Tuesday, daytime and evenings / WE daytime
Manchester = Wednesday evening
6 years teaching experience, part-time.
All levels and abilities,
Group, B to B tuitions, language exchange
A1 to C2 / beginners to advanced learners, adults and teenagers
Since 2011, FRENCH TUTOR Since 2011 FRENCH LANGUAGE ASSISTANT in secondary schools and university, in Liverpool and Cheshire
- Designing and delivering weekly individual or group lessons with the Y12 and Y13 students.
- Training for oral exams. A level topics (AQA and Welsh board).
oral training. Enhancement course for students willing to start PGCE Languages.
- Assistance given to the French teachers during lessons with Y.7 to Y.11, including oral training for CGSE pupils.
- Marking essays, assessments, and tests.
- Group sessions with Y8 and Y 11, including GSCE preparation.
- French game club with Y7.
- Private French tuitions for two students from the Blue Coat School preparing the Oxbridge oral examinations (2012 and 2013, successful)
- Liverpool John Moores University : grammar, culture, linguistics and phonetics. French lessons for students enrolled in a PGCE in MFL and qualified teacher willing to improve a weak GSCE level to be able to teach French alongside their main degree subject
Since 2011 - FRENCH TUTOR - LILA school of Language (Liverpool) and the Swiss School of Language, Lyon France
- Designed, planned, delivered Group lessons
- Levels A2, B1, B2 / beginners and intermediate Spanish, Italian, German, English "native learners")
Since 2012, HISTORY OF DRAMA TEACHER, Independent institute of art management, Lyon (higher education)
Planning, designing, assessing the course. Introduction, covering history of western drama, from ancient Greece to 1945. BA students in performing arts management. Within the Institute, I also supervises and and advise BA and MA students (2011, 2014), correct final dissertations (since 2011), serve as a jury member (Since 2011) and do invigilating
I am approachable and I interact with patience and in an effective manner at all times, using a wide range of ressources and differentiated strategies to personalise learning. I use media (film, news, radio and youtube whenever possible and rely on personal interests to encourage learning. I have extensive experience of conversation exchange and I mainly focus on oral skills, language in situation. However, I value grammar and culture… as much as fun in learning !
Anyway, just let me know I will adapt to your specific needs and do my best to fulfill your expectations.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: German
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- ENSATT, Lyon, France (2006) - Performing arts Management (Masters) (✔ On File)
- University of Lyon 2, France (2002) - French - BA hons (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- University of Lyon 2 (2001) - French and English (Bachelors) (✔ On File)