Information About Iraklis - Salford teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Iraklis:
I am a motivated and well-organized Classics Teacher (Ancient and Modern Greek, Latin, History & Humanities) with the ability to design and develop various educational programs. I have extensive experience of working with pupils from various socio-economical backgrounds which has taught me the value of friendliness, open-mindedness and thinking on my feet. Excellent communication and presentation skills underpinned by an enthusiastic and proactive approach.
- delivering engaging lessons since 2005 in Greece and in UK
- Comenius Assistant: designed and implemented 24 projects in 108 days
- Active participation as a volunteer in a series of events, actions, and Organizations since 1998
- Designed and produced educational games which teach History in local Museums through ebooks and smartphone apps
- Initiated Saita Publications which is an ongoing project about spreading the love of reading
- Author of six ebooks ("Latin GCSE - A Revision Handbook", “A Classroom Full of Imagination and Innovation”, “The Magic Bookmark”, “Greetings and Wishes”, “A Different Journey”, “10 Rights of the (young) Visitor of a Museum”, “240 seconds”)
Since 2005 I have been teaching students aged between 11-18 years old from many different Schools in United Kingdom, Greece and Slovakia, having each and every day on my mind the following quote of Nikos Kazantzakis, a Greek writer; 'True teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross; then, having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create their own'. I try constantly to support children's future learning through innovative ways such as engaging PowerPoint presentations with mnemonics and videos, easy to remember handouts and educational projects.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Cambridge University (2018) - CELTA (Other) (✔ On File)
- Department for Education (2014) - Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) (✔ On File)
- Democritus University of Thrace, Greece (2009) - Bachelor degree in Classics (Bachelors) (✔ On File)