Information About Camila - Bridport teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Camila:
I am Chilean national, Spanish native speaker trained as a Spanish Language and Communication teacher. I am a passionate, motivated teacher looking for new job opportunities in the UK. My previous experiences are base in schools and university environments. I am hardworking person who is very interested in developing new skills, specially related to teach Spanish as second language. I am a confident, eloquent and patient worker who is keen to learn from new experiences and to use these skills according the needs of the job.
Southern University of Chile
• Planning & dictating the courses of:
- Academic Literacy & Writing (2013): I was responsible for teaching the genre of the academic discourse, the focus was on grammar, style and norms of writing in academic contexts.
- Research for adult students: In charge of methodology of investigation. This course consisted in guiding the students in a research to obtain a postgraduate degree.
- Advanced Spanish for foreign students (in association with Central Washington University) This course was a reinforcement of Spanish complex grammatical structures for advanced speakers. The syllabus was based on improving written and oral skills.
Kelluwen: Web 2.0 learning
Orator & Assistant Researcher
(2010 – 2012)
• Designing workshops to learn the use of Web 2.0 as a tool to improve the teaching practice (focus on adults and young students)
• Assisting, in classroom and online, teachers needs related to the implementation of technology as photo and video softwares, use of photo robot Gigapan and Microsoft tools as Movie Maker, Publisher, Power Point and Office.
• Creating evaluation rubrics to obtain relevant information for the project.
• Elaborating templates for informs, activities and student/teacher performance, inter alia.
I love one to one teaching but I really enjoy using Skype and Social Media. My experience learning English was very academic but in my own experience I consider learning a language a more practical task: context and oral language are vital for this. I like my students to be inquisitive and proactive so their experience becomes enjoyable
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Universidad Austral de Chile (NARIC statement of comparability available) (2009) - Bachelor in Education (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Universidad Austral de Chile (NARIC statement of comparability available) (2009) - Teacher of Spanish Language and Communication (Professional) (✘ Not On File)