Information About Alice - Beverley teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Alice:
Qualified teacher of Modern Languages (French and Spanish.) I'm also an ambassador for the TeachFirst charity - working successfully as part of a team with people passionate about equality through education.
My time spent abroad enabled me to demonstrate my adaptability; studying classics at the Sorbonne was quite a contrast from working as an au pair in Versailles or on a reception desk in Bilbao. As a bright, energetic and committed person I am articulate in English, Spanish and French. Italian is work-in-progress!
• Spanish GCSE - AQA specification 9-1 grading system
• French GCSE - AQA specification 9-1 grading system
• Lead teacher for French curriculum, including overall attainment, assessment, schemes of work, teaching strategies and resources for department.
• Ensuring effective teaching of whole classroom, groups and individuals at both KS3 and KS4.
• Stimulating students’ intellectual curiosity, effective questioning and response, with clear presentation and good use of resources.
• Liaising with relevant colleagues on the planning of units of work for collaborative delivery.
I came in to teaching through the TeachFirst charity, meaning I am passionate about ensure every child achieves to their best, regardless of their socio-economic background.
I have worked in schools which vary greatly in their approach to teaching languages, gaining a broad range of techniques which I adapt to each individual and how they prefer to learn. I am always keen to be at the forefront of new initiatives and spend me free time researching my practice.
I am fully up to date with the new GCSE specification for languages, and have teach this in my current school.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Sheffield Hallam University (2016) - Post Graduate Certificate of Education with QTS (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- Sheffield Hallam University (2016) - Post Graduate Certificate of Education with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) (✘ Not On File)
- Aberystwyth University (2015) - BA European Languages (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- La Universidad del País Vasco (2013) - ERASMUS Translation and Interpreting (Other) (✘ Not On File)