Information About Alasdair - Oxford teacher - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Alasdair:
Fortunately, I've always had a knack for foreign languages and I am multi-lingual, having lived in several different countries incl. Japan and France, where I also worked as a private tutor and school owner and teacher.
I can either teach you at my home, your home or preferably in Oxford town centre. I am generally available any time after 10am. I can also be available on weekends at same time & can meet you in town centre or possibly at your house (extra £5 charged). I live in East Oxford, Florence Park area, near Temple Cowley shopping centre and I can teach you at my home, if requested and if it's practical for me to cycle or get bus to you.
I have been tutoring foreign languages since 1990 and it has often been my main source of employment since 1997. Most of my adult life, I have been self employed, so clearly tutoring is something I am very familiar with and have been successful at making an incomne from too.
I have worked as a tutor in almost every imaginable context age group and industry and can provide references and student testimonials and photos on my former school website.
I believe the key ingredients of successful tutoring are to coach the following aspects:
1) To let the student relax whilst encouraging him/her to concentrate
2) To demonstrate and inspire enthusiasm
3) To motivate and increase the student's confidence
4) To negotiate and communicate clear objectives
5) Most importantly, to enjoy each other's company
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: French, Japanese, French any level or Beginner conversational Japanese
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Angus college (2008) - HNC. in Early years education and child-care. (College) (✘ Not On File)
- Sunderland University (2007) - I was on a PGCE primary teacher-training degree but I dropped out to switch to the above HNC (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- Golders Green college (1996) - TESOL certificate in teaching English (College) (✘ Not On File)
- Stirling University (1995) - BA degree in humanities (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)