It is absolutely crucial to have a solid set of IT skills in today's marketplace. Those who study the subject at GCSE level or above are doing themselves a great favour - especially with the number of jobs available in the sector these days.
The subject is often referred to as ICT, especially at GCSE and A-level.
There are lots of good free resources on the net to help computer studies students. Here is First Tutors' pick of the bunch.
1. The staff of St Columba's High School, in West Dunbartonshire, Scotland, have put together a number of revision guides in PDF format for computer studies students of levels from standard grade (like GCSE) upwards.
2. Another school comes to the rescue with some good revision resources for GCSE students. These revision guides come courtesy of Didcot Girls' School in Oxford.
3. Revise ICT really is a one-stop shop for computer studies, with pupils aged five upwards catered for with a host of quizzes, revision aids and links to computing stories in the news. A must-visit.
4. Dinesh Bakshi.com also brings together a wealth of quizzes, revision notes, revision worksheets and more for students of ICT at GCSE and A-level. Resources are split into eight logical sections, making it easy for students to focus on and improve any weak areas.
5. First Tutors has several useful books and practice papers that IT tutors can use in their lessons.