Information About Jenny - Twickenham trainer - (5 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Jenny:
I understand the pressures involved in performance, and know first hand both how frightening and exhilarating it can be. Over the years I have worked with people from many walks of life including Clergymen, teachers,business men and women, puppeteers, actors and singers.
My practice is grounded in the work of some well-known Voice practitioners (Patsy Rodenburg, Kristin Linklater, Michael McCallion,Jo Estill).
Always tailored to the individual and their particular situation. - Be it a long term goal for vocal change or a particular event.
- Practical work with physical and vocal exercises, with a focus on the whole body
- Building a capacity for a connected free sound where enthusiasm, empathy and vocal colour can come through to help you stay in the moment, get your message across, and inspire your audience.
- Structured exercise program created around you to work with at home.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- International Centre for Voice, Central School of Speech & Drama (2004) - MA in Voice Studies (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Trinity College of Music (1999) - PG Diploma in Voice Studies (College) (✘ Not On File)
- Warwick University (1991) - II.I History of Art & Architecture (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||5|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
I highly recommend her if you need help to improve your pronunciation and accent.
See you on Wednesday
During this time Jenny has developed a course of tuition and related exercises which I feel has been very much geared to my individual needs, combining all the benefits of different approaches including the Qi Gong system, grounding and breathing exercises, and actual voice work.
I really appreciate Jenny’s personal teaching style which to me is a very effective combination of sympathetic and patient, yet no-nonsense. I’ve also found her to be extremely knowledgeable both practically and theoretically: for example when working in-depth on the Qi Gong exercises she has been immediately able to observe the small physical changes I need to make to improve continuously and I’ve seen positive results, some unexpected including sleeping better. I’ve also learnt so much about the theory of breathing and the changes I can make to do it more effectively. We recently began work on a specific presentation and again I’ve feel I’ve very much benefited from Jenny’s individual attention to make real improvements to the quality of content and delivery. In addition she has always taken the time to email follow-up notes as memory joggers after sessions.
As someone fast-approaching the age of 50, bad posture, poor breathing and voice habits had crept in and taken hold over my life-time: Jenny’s teaching and support have really helped me to recognise and start to replace these with much more positive and productive routines. I've really enjoyed my coaching sessions which seem to fly by and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Jenny as a tutor to anyone looking for help in these areas.