Information About Gerry - Leigh trainer - (1 review)
This is how 3 referees rated Gerry:
I practised as a Solicitor, specialising in Criminal Law for some 18 years, having attained a 2:1 Combined Honours LLB in Law and Politics, followed by the Professional Qualification - 6 of those years were running my own sole practice.
My original career plan was to teach, and so having undertaken my Professional Graduate Diploma of Education… I have part-time contracts to teach Law and History subjects, at varying levels, including the Level 6 Professional ILEX Law qualification, to different age groups at an OfSTED 'outstanding' rated FE College. Some of my available time involves research work and I am able to offer a more individually tailored service to students requiring extra help as the exam season approaches, in addition to top up lessons as the academic year progresses.
My particular subject areas are Law, History and Politics from Level 3 to Level 6
A Level and Undergraduate Law tutoring in litigation based subjects are my specialities - especially Criminal Law / Contract / Tort / Employment
- Level 6 Law for The Institute of Legal Executives Professional Practice Qualification
- Level 3 Business Law in Accountancy Professional Practice
- Level 3 History - Access to Higher Education [Teaching] Course - I am also involved the Internal Verification of assignment marking in the HE Access Department
- Level 3, Year 1 Diploma in Law - Teaching Tort / Crime / Contract / Employment subjects and Preparing/Organising/Writing/Directing Mock Trials
In summary, my current contracts are to teach law to 16-18 year olds, to trainee accountants, and working paralegals, as well as History to putative teachers progressing to university
Assessment and curriculum requirements of the relevant course are paramount to ensure the student knows what the examining / awarding body expects in order to achieve. Once this is clear, the student can then begin to enjoy the learning through scenarios and stories
Review of learning, by inter-linking new topics with old, and use of examples and scenarios built and developed from experience, enables the student to recall and use what they know
Advice on examination technique, and the expectations of coursework are often neglected in mainstream teaching, yet are vital to qualification, and the use of knowledge.
I have a strong belief that tutees often overestimate the amount of tutoring they need, especially with the wealth of resources available, and with the appropriate guidance, the cost effectiveness of individual teaching and advice can surprise - in any case my charges are kept low, because I enjoy the work.
I'm happy to provide tuition at the tutees home, and only make a charge of around 60p per mile for the return travel - that includes travel time within a radius of 20 miles - learning should be fun as well as affordable, because if it's hard work, it's hard to remember.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Bolton (2010) - Professional Graduate Diploma in Education (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- College of Law, Guildford (1987) - Solicitors Final Examinations (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Birmingham (1986) - 2:1 LLB (Law and Politics) (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)