Is online tuition effective?December 6th, 2017 by Sarah Adams
What is online tuition?
Online tuition follows the same format of learning as face-to-face tuition but has its own unique benefits. Although online tuition has been around for some time now, it has become increasingly popular over the past few years.
Why choose online tuition?
- Choice: First Tutors do not take location into consideration when searching for an online tutor. This means you can choose the best tutor for you, no matter where you are based.
- Flexibility: Arrangements for online tutorials are generally easier and more flexible as neither you nor your tutor have to travel.
- Relaxed Environment: Online tuition can be performed from the comfort of your own home, a local library, a coffee shop or anywhere with effective broadband.
- Resources: No need to carry large text books around, your online tutor will tailor a lesson suited to your learning style. You can have instant access to online resources to simplify learning materials.
- Learning: Our tech savvy children find the virtual classroom environment more engaging than the traditional classroom which can increase learning abilities.
How much is it going to cost?
First Tutors offers hundreds of online tutors covering a variety of subjects and subject levels. Hourly rates can range from as little as £10 per hour. Our most popular subjects taught online for the year 2017 are English and Maths. You can find a tutor for every budget.
|Subject/Level||Average Tutor Cost (p.h.)
|A- Level Maths||£34.12|
What software is best for online tuition?
Many tutors will use voice and video sharing applications such as Skype, Facetime, Audio Calls, and Facebook Video. Other tutors will use online sharing tools such as google drive and team viewer to share screens.
First Tutors announced their partnership with Varsity Tutors earlier this year. We have now implemented our FREE online learning platform for all of our users.
First Tutors Online Platform Features
- Instant Video and Audio Sharing
- Screen Sharing
- Built in resources
- Mathboard: includes tools such as the periodic table and a calculator
- Whiteboard: free hand draw, add text
- Document Editor: interact real time, observe edits
- Document Uploader: upload practice problems and diagrams, homework or mark sheets.
If you would like to test our online platform alone before hosting a lesson with your student please do so here.
Are you a student or a tutor and want to try our new online learning platform? Simply log in to your account under the My Tutee/My Tutor section to create a room and start learning, instantly.
First Tutors would love to hear your feedback on our new online learning tool so that we can make the relevant changes to improve the service we provide. Please contact us if you have any questions or feedback and we will be happy to help you.
- Peace Of Mind
- Reference Checked... ✔
- Identity Verified... ✔
- Client Reviewed... ✔
- 7 Day Support... ✔