5 online resources for the 11+ entrance examsDecember 16th, 2009 by Emily
Possibly the biggest event in the independent schools' calendar, the 11+ is the most common entrance exam around. Most children take around four entrance exams, with successful candidates invited for an interview before (hopefully) being offered a place. Here's First Tutors' pick of the best resources available.
1. The Royal Russell School, in Croydon, has published a very detailed explanation of what is involved in each paper of its 11+ along with some sample questions. This is an excellent resource - hard to believe it's free!
2. The Independent Schools Examinations Board does what it says on the tin and its website is a gateway for a plethora of resources such as syllabi and past papers.
3. A Private Education is another no-nonsense, helpful site for parents wishing to educate their children privately. This is a good guide for parents unfamiliar with the system and exam processes.
4. The Independent has an old but very good article on the stresses that parents of 11 year olds go through during exam time - you'll find this reassuring.
5. First Tutors recommends practising for the entrance exams by completing past papers for 11+ candidates, In fact, we'd go so far as to say these are essential preparation for your child. Our revision guides section has past papers for Maths, English, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
- Peace Of Mind
- Reference Checked... ✔
- Identity Verified... ✔
- Client Reviewed... ✔
- 7 Day Support... ✔