Information About Virginie - Leicester teacher - (5 reviews)
This is how 7 referees rated Virginie:
My name is Virginie, I am living in Leicester (UK).
I am currently a researcher in Music technology at De Montfort University and a former lecturer in the Music, Technology and Innovation Centre of De Montfort University.
I am also a visual artist who practise digital photography and video to create musical, audiovisual installations and performance.
I am also passioned by baking. I am used to prepare high quality desserts for gatherings. I also provide desserts for artistic events and a coffee shop.
2015 – 2016
Part-time lecturer, Module: Sound in Space, DMU, Leicester (UK)
My role was to teach and assess students (Bachelor Year 2) :
- Spatialisation techniques for the performance of electroacoustic music on a multichannel system (acousmonium)
- analysis of electroacoustic music
- design of graphic scores
Skills developed : time management, preparation and structure of each class, knowledge of the electroacoustic repertoire, individual support and guidance, team-working, assessment.
Teaching assistant, MAC’s Le Grand Hornu ( Contemporary Arts Centre) , Hornu (Belgium)
Teaching assistant, Wiels Contemporary Art Centre, Brussels (Belgium)
Teaching assistant, Cultural Centre of Evere, Bussels (Belgium)
Tasks in these three positions of teaching assistant :
- I elaborated various types workshops, alternatively based on painting, drawing, photography, sound soundscape, 2D animation and initiation to electroacoustic techniques (recording, editing) using Audacity.
- Series of 5 days-workshops running during holidays
- Groups of children (4 to 5 years-old, 8 to 10 years-old, 12 to 15 years-old and 16 to 18 years-old)
Skills developed : time management, team-working, creativity, preparation and structuration of each workshop, teaching 2D animation techniques, electroacoustic techniques, visual arts techniques, flexibility, patience, management of team-work between children, meeting deadline
I am passionate by creative practices. I am here to support, encourage and help you to learn, improve your skills in order to be successful and achieve your goals.
My approach to teaching is creative, patient, methodic and fun. For me teaching and leaning involve curiosity, generosity, sharing, passion and dedication, they are keys elements for anyone who would like to pursue their passion. Since I have started teaching, it has been always a very rewarding experience, a real and amazing way to exchange, share knowledge and experiences.
I am very adaptable to student's needs and requests.
I aim to provide a service that will satisfy them and help them to achieve their goals.
I am a patient, flexible and creative tutor, my goal is to reveal the best of your potential.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British)
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- De Montfort University (Leicester, UK) (2018) - PhD in Music Composition (Doctorate) (✔ On File)
- Conservatoire Royal de Mons (Mons, Belgium) (2014) - Master of Music Composition and music pedagogy (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Ecole Supérieure des Arts et Médias (Caen, France) (2008) - Master of Visual Communication (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||5|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
We covered grammar, conjugation of sentances, cultural nuances and accents.
Would recommend her without hesitation!
I am looking forward to working in French with you and helping you to improve your skills :) !