Information About Matthew - Salisbury teacher
This is how 2 referees rated Matthew:
Matthew offers a discount of 25% on their first / introductory lesson!
Between leaving the University of West England and starting at Appleford School in 2016 I ran my own production studio/gallery promoting and producing educational animation and film as well as working with other creative venues around the South of Britain.
In this time I have worked with children from ages 5 up to higher education. A lot of the work I have done is working with children in main stream secondary school but I have also worked with children with psychical and learning difficulties as well as children who have been excluded from school with antisocial behavioural problems.
I have an extensive knowledge of creative and practical skill and have good communication skills.
I like working as part of a team as well as independently.
• March 2016 to July 2019 - Appleford School for Dyslexic Children: Art and Design Teacher working with KS3 and KS4 students. Part Time.
• 2012 to 2019 - Running exhibitions for Studio53.
• 2018 and 2019 - Freelance work with Salisbury Museum.
• 2016 to 2019 - Freelance work for Lyme Regis Museum.
• 2003 to 2019 - Freelance work with Wiltshire Creative (Salisbury Arts Centre)
• 2008 to the present -Weekly Life Drawing Class’s for adults at Studio53 and day classes at weekend.
Teaching A level student in groups from Burgate School & Sixth Form, South Wilts Grammar School for Girls and Bishop Wordsworth's School 2016 to 2019.
• 2008 to 2010 –Part time for Minki Blinki - Window Display and Prop Production.
**Web Address Removed**
• 2003 to 2008 – Working Freelance for Barchester Healthcare interior design department, hanging and arranging the furniture for their care homes around the UK.
PROJECTS AND FILMS FROM 2002 TO 2019
• 2019 Wiltshire Creative - Two one day workshops for Wiltshire Creative as part of the Salisbury Festival.
• 2019 Wiltshire Creative - Two after school stencil art workshop at friary community centre.
• 2018 October Lyme Regis Museum - 4 day drop in animation and postproduction –Amadeus.
• 2018 August Wiltshire Creative - 2 days based at the SAC with Wiltshire Creative animation workshops.
• 2018 August Wiltshire Creative – Filming and postproduction for stopgap theatre film project.
• 2017 October Lyme Regis Museum - 1 day drop in animation and postproduction – Big Draw.
• 2016 May Bedales School – 2 day animation project with – The Fisher Men.
• 2016 April to June Lyme Regis Museum – Working with Woodroofe School and St Michaels Primary School producing an 8 minute film called “The Great landslip of 1839”
• 2016 April The Youth Adventure Trust - One day animation workshop at Canberra Children and Young People.
• 2014 NHS – Speech and Language department – Postproduction work for two films teaching parents ho to use early phonics to bring on there children’s speech.
• 2013 August Basingstoke Discovery Centre – Making an Animation with adults with learning difficulties.
• 2013 January Larkhill Primary School – 10 day Animation project (The Amazing Journey and The Dig)
• 2013 October Salisbury International Arts Festival – Animation project.
• 2012 June Basingstoke Discovery Centre – Making a Animation with adults with learning difficulties.
• 2012 January to March Forest Arts Centre – Olympic Project working with Young Adults with learning and physical difficulties.
• 2011November Basingstoke Discovery Centre – Making an Animation with Young adults with learning difficulties.
• 2011 Salisbury International Arts Festival – Animation projects.
• 2010 Easter Warminster Bridging project – producing a series of small animation and a final production and film.
• 2009 Motivart: Filming/ Editing and Animation on Film production. MY SALISBURY
• 2008 Inside out Project – Lighthouse Arts Centre Poole Dorset
• 2008 Freewheelers Theatre Company- Leatherhead (award winning for creative excellence)
• 2008 Motivart: Big Small World -Camera Man and postproduction for Motivart Theatre production.
• 3rd Year BA.- Baby-on-Boards. Writer/director and Stop motion animator.
• 2nd Year BA. - Kodak Advert (Perrier). Assistant Director and Animator.
• 2nd Year BA- NTL Advert. Animator for Light and Image production House.
I take a very organic approach at first with the way I teach and feel that people and students should learn to find there way by themselves, but this is not always the case make sure i am there to help a student if needs be.
Clear direction and encouragement.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Bristol UWE (2002) - Stop Motion Animation course - Merit (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- The Arts Institute at Bournemouth (1996) - BA Film and Animation - 2:2 (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Salisbury Arts College (1994) - GNVQ Multimedia - Merit (Other) (✘ Not On File)
- Salisbury Arts College (1994) - Prelim Fine Art D (Other) (✘ Not On File)