Information About Kesia - Haringey teacher - (3 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Kesia:
Acting / Drama
Hello, I'm Kesia.
- school or LAMDA exams/drama school auditions
- to degree level
- to Year 9 (Pre-GCSE)
11+/13+ (incl. Maths, Science, Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning)
Alongside tutoring I have worked professionally as an actor and theatre director since 2015, having trained in acting and directing at the Conservatoire Camille Saint-Saens (Paris), and the Young Vic (London). I am currently studying a part-time MA in Contemporary Performance Practices with theatre company ZU-UK at the University of East London.
I'm a CELTA-qualified English teacher, with experience teaching both privately, and with well-known EFL companies such as Berlitz and RUF-Reisen, in Japan, Germany, Romania, France, and the UK. I have designed curriculums for RUF-Reisen, and am thus very comfortable creating lesson-plans and learning-goals from scratch.
I graduated from CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY with a First in French & German. I have experience teaching both French and German privately. I have lived and worked for extended periods in both France and Germany and speak both languages with native-level fluency.
I have experience teaching all age-ranges, from very, very small (3-6) all the way through to 60+.
I have worked as a Director/Assistant Director at The Yard Theatre, GAS Station, COLAB Theatre, Applecart Arts, VOILA Festival, Light Of The Moon Productions & LOST Theatre.
I have worked as an Actor with Theatre des Champs-Elysees, Hackney Showroom, Traffic Of The Stage, Hammer & Tongs, Shadow Road Productions, Perform & Give, Etcetera Theatre, Richmond Theatre Festival, Pennyworth Productions, La Phalene & Light Of The Moon Productions.
- 3 months touring Shakespeare Live! in schools with Traffic Of The Stage, incl. active participatory workshops with Year 7-11 students
- 3 years constructing and teaching theatre workshops with children 7-16, and devising and directing small plays with colleagues and students with RUF-Reisen/International Projects in Germany/Romania
- Schools Participation work (leading workshops) with The Yard Theatre, London
- 6 years private tuition of All Subjects (above) in London, Paris, and Kyoto/Osaka, Japan
- 1 year teaching English to adults & children with BERLITZ JAPAN in Osaka, Japan
- 1 year teaching English children 3-17 with EPION, in Osaka, Japan
- 1 year teaching English adults through current affairs discussion on Skype with News Online
I tailor my lessons to the needs and desires of my pupils.
For children and teenagers, I introduce professional exercises and strategies for developing technique, whilst maintaining the ethos that drama is about play, self-confidence, and working towards a freedom from inhibition.
For adults, I do the same! But am also more likely to introduce more in depth focus on text, analysis, and dramaturgy.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Cambridge (2014) - French & German (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Stanton School of English (2012) - CELTA - EFL (Other) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||3|
|Total Positive Feedback:|
|Total Other Feedback: (not shown)||1|