Information About Kate - Bristol teacher - (3 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Kate:
Acting / Drama
I am a trained actor with extensive experience coaching acting, confidence, public speaking and interview skills. I was lucky enough to receive fantastic education and training in Drama and Acting, and feel passionate about passing on those teachings and techniques to craft a polished, professional and genuine performance.
I received my BA Hons Drama degree from the University of Exeter followed by professional acting training at the New York Film Academy and the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. I am currently completing a Diploma in Personal Performance Coaching with the Coaching Academy, with the aim to specialise in confidence coaching.
I am a compassionate, friendly, open and positive person by nature, who takes great joy from empowering others and helping them to achieve their goals.
I am currently Actor In Residence at a school in Oxford, which involves coaching students ages 15-18 in preparation for GCSE, AS and A Level exams, plus external exams including LAMDA.
I run workshops in mainstream schools and theatre schools on a number of different subjects including Voice, Shakespeare, Improvisation and Devising.
I have experience in coaching actors applying to drama school, from helping to source and choose appropriate monologues to getting them on their feet and polished.
I spend much of my time working with those in the corporate sector on building confidence, whether that's preparing for an interview, or developing their presenting/pitching skills.
I work as a life coach, guiding and supporting people to reach their goals. I empower them to take control of the things in their life that they wish to change, and work towards improving them and ultimately find greater confidence and happiness.
It takes great courage to stand in front of anyone and perform, and I admire anyone who is willing to try. I therefore create an open, friendly and approachable atmosphere to work in, so all barriers can come down and we can work together to craft something genuine and exciting.
Most of my work is based on building confidence, which not only helps develop the skills we are focussing on in the lesson, but should filter into your everyday life and help you thrive in both social and professional situations.
**3 MONTH COACHING PACKAGE**
What the 3 month acting/elocution package includes:
- A 30 minute introductory phone call or face-to-face to get to know each other and make sure we are a good fit (No payment is taken until after this session).
- A bespoke 12 week program designed around what you want to achieve by the end of our time together.
- A one-to-one hour long coaching session every fortnight (or weekly depending).
- A hard copy of any material we work on, plus a copy emailed to you.
- Exercises to work on between sessions (as much or as little as you wish).
- Recordings and/or videos from the session to help with home practise.
- Contact with me throughout via email or phone.
- Advice, guidance and support.
After our initial meeting I will design a unique program around you and what you wish to achieve, but things that could be covered include:
How to approach Shakespeare
Scene study (dialogue)
Drama school preparation
Acting for screen
Advice on the industry (including drama schools, agents, casting directors, showreels, voice reels, auditions etc.)
Vocal training (adding colour and variation to your speaking voice)
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Bristol Old Vic Theatre School (2015) - Fda Professional Acting (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- New York Film Academy (2012) - Diploma in Acting for Film (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Exeter (2011) - BA Hons (1st Class) Drama (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- St Helens & St Katherines (2008) - A Levels (School) (✘ Not On File)
|Total Amount Of Feedback:||3|
|Total Positive Feedback:|