Information About Omar - Papatoetoe tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Omar:
|NCEA Level 1||$70.00|
|NCEA Levels 2-3||$70.00|
I am an experienced secondary school teacher, with over 7 years experience of teaching physics, science and mathematics to all age groups. I have a Masters in Natural Sciences (Astrophysics & chemistry) from UCL in London and a Post Graduate Education degree from Liverpool, completed as part of the Teach First program. I previously taught Physics in the famous Rugby School (where the game was invented!) and now teach IGCSE and international A-level physics in a large co-educational private school in Auckland.
I absolutely love Physics and want to convey the joys of these subjects to my students, whilst helping them to improve their attainment in public examinations. I love teaching - there is nothing better than that moment where a topic clicks for a student and they make progress.
- 2 years teaching in a secondary school in Liverpool
- 5 years teaching at Rugby School, UK teaching physics (and some chemistry and mathematics)
- 1 year experience teaching in a top rated, private secondary school in New Zealand
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Education (outstanding rating) from Liverpool John Moores University
- Masters in Education from Manchester University
- I have taught Chemistry, Maths and Physics to A level (IGCSE & Edexcel)
- Over 5 years experience teaching the Pre University A level Physics course and IGCSE Physics Course
- Over 6 years experience of teaching international GCSEs
- Tutored 5 difference students in the UK
I initially begin by assessing my tutees' current level using assessment material from the appropriate syllabus. This will highlight areas for focus, on which I will use analogies and example questions to help close any gaps in their knowledge. Ultimately, mastery comes through practice and repetition, and I will use a wide range of resources at my disposal to help in this area, while also helping the tutee engage with the subject. I am quick to build a strong relationship with my students, helping them see the joys of Physics and the sciences. This helps ensure that the students continue to work outside of the tutoring sessions and they will be provided with material to use outside of tutorial sessions as required.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Manchester (2013) - MA Education - Merit (Masters) (✔ On File)
- LJMU (2011) - Outstanding rating (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- UCL (2009) - First class honours - Natural sciences (Masters) (✔ On File)