Information About Sara - Dublin tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Sara:
|Adult / Casual||€25.00|
Graduated with an MA in Foreign Languages and Cultures from the University of Macerata, during the college years, I took part to European Exchange Programmes in Spain and Germany, which enhanced my perception of the importance of learning new languages as a mean for integration.
After working in the tourism sector and teaching English in Italy, in 2007 I moved to Ireland where I began working in International Education. While acting as academic advisor for international students, I kept feeding my passion for teaching, learning and research, teaching Italian in the Italian Culture Institute and obtaining an Mphil in European Studies and a PgDip in Teaching and Learning.
I am at the moment completing a CPD in Post-Primary Education while also training as a Youth Teacher and Tutor here in Dublin.
I have over 15 years of language teaching experience (English, Spanish, German, French and Italian), 10 of which only focusing of teaching Italian as a second language.
My experience is as follows:
- teaching to adults across all levels (from A1 to C1) on a one-to-one basis
- developing individual tailored language courses or professionals, including corporate courses in companies
- tutoring for exam preparation of Italian official language certificates
- tutoring for the Italian language test for Leaving Certificates and college exams
- teaching to youth aged 4/14 years
Approach to Grinds:
Due to my strong research interest in linguistics for social inclusion, I adapt a very inclusive approach to my classes and I tailor each course to the student or the class I will be working with, taking into considerations first their objectives, background and learning style.
This is why usually the first class is only a free session where I meet the student/s to assess their level and discuss together the objectives of the teacher and the learner
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English, Spanish
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Macerata (2019) - CPD in Post-Primary Education (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- Technological University of Dubli (2016) - PgDip in Third Level Learning and Teaching (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- Trinity College Dublin (2013) - MPhil in European Studies (Masters) (✔ On File)
- University of Macerata (2007) - MA in Foreign Languages and Cultures (English, German and Spanish) (Masters) (✔ On File)