Information About Joseph - Clonee tutor
This is how 5 referees rated Joseph:
My name is Joe .
I am 25 year old, qualified secondary teacher residing in Dublin 15 and working in the area too.
I am qualified in English, Business and Religion across Junior Cycle and Senior Cycle. I have ample resources across a range of topics that aid all types of learners. I am a certified apple teacher so my level of ICT is quite strong and I believe it to be a crucial skill for students to develop as 21st century learning accelerates through the medium of technology. I am also currently working on a new project on financial education where I am looking to prepare students for adulthood through developing their financial literacy.
Sept. 2020 – Current: Edmund Rice College, Mill Rd, Dublin 15, Co. Dublin
• Teaching full timetable with a variety of subjects at Junior Cycle and Transition year.
• Class tutor to Transition year group.
• Experience in working in I-Pad school and recognized Apple distinguished teacher now.
• Exposed to online learning and excelled at utilizing ICT features during this period.
Sept. 2019 to May 2020 Scoil Mhuire, Prosperous Rd, Crockaun Commons, Clane, Co. Kildare
• Observing & Teaching
• Experience in teaching in a school of over 1,000 students
• Teaching all Junior Cycle groups as well as observing and team-teaching Senior Cycle classes.
• Observing Religious Education classes as an additional subject.
• Teaching I.C.T to incoming first years to develop their skills.
• Completion of a Lesson Study on Cross-curricular mind maps in collaboration with subject departments of Business, English, History and Geography.
Sept. 2019 to October Colaiste **Web Address Removed** Meath
• Subbing work in an DEIS school of over 300 students.
Sept. 2018 - May 2019 Scoil Dara, Church **Web Address Removed** Kildare
· Observing, Team Teaching & Teaching.
· Experience in teaching in a school of over 900 pupils
· Taught mainstream classes of numbers ranging between 25 and 30 pupils
· Planned classes that were one hour in length
· Planned lesson outlines and schemes of work
· Delivered lessons based on subject curriculum
· Team teaching 1st year Business
· Teaching 1st and 2nd year classes
Approach to Grinds:
I believe in connecting the abstract concepts of subjects with the student's interests to enhance their learning and make it more meaningful. We all learn in different ways so it is important to find out what way someone prefers to learn before dealing with the content. One size does not fit all after all! Hence why big classroom sizes makes it tricky for every students voice to be heard. One on one tutoring enables greater clarity.
Of course, active learning is far greater than passive learning so constant dialogue is important in my approach. I would categorise myself as a very approachable and easy going tutor who understands students and is aware of the current situations they face.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Maynooth University (2020) - Masters in Education (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- St. Patricks College Maynooth (2018) - Higher Diploma in Theological studies (Other) (✔ On File)
- Maynooth University (2017) - A first class honours in Business (1:1) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)