Information About Cathal - Dublin tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Cathal:
Cathal offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
I am offering grinds in Leaving Cert Applied Maths, Maths, and Physics.
For Junior Cert, I am offering grinds in Maths, and Science.
I did the Leaving Cert in 2013, achieving 610 CAO points. I received A1s in English, Maths, Applied Maths, Physics, and DCG.
I then did my undergraduate in Theoretical Physics, followed by a Masters in High Performance Computing.
I gave grinds while I was in Secondary School.
I regularly help younger family members with Second Level and Third Level coursework.
Cooperation with classmates to understand the material was essential throughout college. Sitting down and explaining difficult concepts to each other was an everyday occurrence.
As a hobby, I run an online forum for a game I play, which is specifically for teaching new players about concepts they can use to improve. We have 13,000 members.
Approach to Grinds:
1) Have a conversation about which topics the student is least confident in, to identify where the ideal place to start is.
2) Begin working through exam questions together, to identify specifically what the student does not yet understand.
3) Give a proper explanation of the relevant concepts, with examples.
4) Repeat until the student can comfortably do exam questions on those topics by themselves.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Trinity College Dublin (2019) - High Performance Computing (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Trinity College Dublin (2018) - Theoretical Physics (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- St. Kieran's College, Kilkenny (2013) - 610 points (School) (✘ Not On File)