Information About Alka - Dublin tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Alka:
|Adult / Casual||€10.00|
I am Alka . I am a B.Sc.(Gold medalist) in pure science group and completed my M.Sc. in Instrumentation and chemical methods of analysis (ICA).
ICA is an advanced analytical chemistry course which is aimed towards preparing personnel for quality control and quality assurance labs, research and development labs, pharmaceutical and manufacturing units.
Following on from this I took and completed my TEFL certification from Ballsbridge College of Further Education, Dublin.
I have also done one year diploma course in Computer Programming and Applications from TATA Unisys limited education center. I was all India topper in diploma examinations held by TULEC
ATC Language Schools, Dublin
• Served as a cover teacher and delivered lessons in Business English with a key focus in conducting career workshops and interview preparation and CV writing workshops.
• Also, teach Business English/ General English to junior groups of Italian and Spanish Students during their mini-stay programs at ATC Language schools.
Junior Program TEFL Teacher • Language and Leisure international, Dublin
• Using a modern and dynamic teaching approach, assisted students to communicate easily using the English language.
• Researched and devised entertaining, amusing, interesting, creative, productive lessons for students.
• Produced many projects with students during my stint there, e.g.: Poem on Prejudices and stereotypes, Dublin city radio program, writing their own lyrics for musical show and designing a campaign on saving water.
Junior Program TEFL Teacher • Dorset College, Dublin
• Taught English to Italian, Spanish, French, German and Taiwanese teenage learners using a modern and dynamic teaching approach which involves researching and devising entertaining, amusing, interesting, creative and productive lessons for students.
Voluntary Teacher • Dublin Intercultural Language Services, Dublin
• Assisted in improving English for migrants for thriving and survival in Ireland and supporting them to understand and appreciate the social and civic systems for the fabric of their new home.
New Delhi, India
2002–2004 and then 2008-2012
Senior Secondary Teacher • DAV Secondary School
• Teaching : Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Environmental Sciences
Six years teaching experience in primary and secondary schools in India, during which I, taught all science subjects to primary and secondary school, coordinated environmental awareness workshops, successfully supervised various activities like junior science exhibition, and assisted students in various competitions to aid social causes at various levels.
Approach to Grinds:
I firmly believe that good teaching and good learning are linked through the student’s experience of what we do. It follows that we cannot teach better unless we are able to see what we are doing from their point of view.
While the focus is on what the teacher does to transmit knowledge, there is the additional responsibility on the teacher to ensure that students understand. I try to use a variety of strategies to achieve this, like meticulously planned lessons, practical approach and using a lot of examples, reinforce their learning.
I utilize a student-centered model of teaching with a focus on students understanding and achieving learning outcomes.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Ballsbridge College of further Education, Dublin (2016) - ELT certificate (Professional) (✔ On File)
- Jiwaji University, India (2000) - M.Sc.(ICA) (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Jiwaji University, India (1999) - B.Sc (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)