Information About Tania - Victoria tutor
I am a British Columbia-certified teacher specializing in math tutoring up to grade 8. Additionally, I have extensive experience working with children with a variety of special needs including autism(ASD), ADHD, learning disabilities, and behavioural challenges.
• 11 years as a full-time elementary tutor for home learning children
• 3 years as an elementary classroom teacher at an independent school
• 2 years as a Teacher-On-Call at the elementary Level
• 3 years as an Educational Assistant for School District No. 61, Victoria, BC
What I love about tutoring is that I can honour each student's individuality. As I get to know the student I can tailor the content and teaching approach to best suit the child. Although teaching the content is important, I find it is equally important to support the development of the student's self esteem and confidence which in turn supports the learning of the content. I try to bring humour and fun into my lessons as much as possible. I love math and I love teaching it and I hope that this love is felt by my students. I also have a tremendous amount of patience which puts my students at ease as they try to work things out.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (daytime)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Queen's University (1993) - Bachelor of Education (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- University of Western Ontario (1992) - Honors Anthropology (Bachelors) (✔ On File)