Information About Smitha
This is how 2 referees rated Smitha:
• OCT Certified teacher with extensive teaching experience to students of GTA in different public school boards (Toronto/ York Regional/ Durham/ Halton/ Peel), reputed private schools (UTS, Branksome, Crescent) and also University students… Nearly a decade of teaching experience in reputed schools, across school boards, coaching classes, tutorials and home tutoring for students from Grade 5 to Grade 12.
• Specializations in various aspects of Biology like botany, zoology, cell biology, ecology & genetics.
• Specializations in various aspects of Chemistry like physical, inorganic & organic Chemistry.
• Hands on experience with the latest teaching aid technologies be it online or offline.
• Consistently top-rated faculty member in all the associated institutions for strong content knowledge, content delivery, and student popularity.
• Experience in curriculum planning and content development of various school boards.
• Special experience in preparing students for various global competitive examinations and checkpoint examinations.
Multiple reputed tutoring agencies in Toronto - Sep 2018 till date: Teaching science to students of Toronto across TDSB, IB and Cambridge school syllabus across grades 5-12.
Sai Tutorials , June 2013 – May 2018, Teaching Biology and Chemistry for Grade 8, 9 and 10 across different boards
Accolade Education Academy- April 2014 - May 2018, -Teaching Biology and Chemistry for Grade 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 across different boards
Ideal Classes - April 2013 – May 2015, Teaching Biology and Chemistry for Grade 6, 7, 8, and 9 across different boards
Savitridevi Hariram Agarwal International School- June 2012 – April 2013- Teaching Biology and Chemistry for Grade 5, 6, 7 and 8 in IGCSE board
Childrens Academy –June 2011 - May 2012 -Teaching Science for Grade 6 and 7 in Indian board (ICSE)
Every student is unique, and so are his needs for each subject. My approach is purely dependent on the existing knowledge level of my students and his grasping power,based on which I modify my approach and approach the subject topic in a manner in which the student is comfortable. Besides, my teaching method is not a monologue, and I encourage my student to keep giving me feedback through my session which helps me gauge whether he is grasping properly and also maintain a very healthy discussion atmosphere during my teaching session.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Mumbai (2011) - B.Ed. (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Dr. D. Y. Patil University, Mumbai (2009) - M.Sc. (Biochemistry) (Masters) (✔ On File)
- University of Mumbai (2007) - B.Sc. (Biotechnology) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Students Providing Feedback:||1|
|Positive Feedback Provided:|