This is how a referee rated Ogechi:
Hello! I am a chemical engineering student attending the University of Ottawa with 1-2 years of experience teaching various math, physics and chemistry topics to high school students. This background enables me to be able to help tutor students who are struggling with the science and mathematics components of their education. Teaching various subjects to students with special needs and those without as well has definitely taught me patience and adaptability. There is no greater joy for me than when I am able to patiently guide a student to fully comprehend a concept. When a student has that "aha!" moment, I know that all my efforts are worth it.
I have volunteered time to assist some high school students with homework problems they were. struggling with in various subjects (mathematics, science and some English) for approximately a year.
Peer Tutoring (1 year)
• Reviewed and explained course material with the students
• Provided academic assistance to special needs students
• Generated lessons and handouts for the students
• Regulated students’ behavior and assisted in classroom management
• Assisted in marking students’ work and helping them understand any mistakes made
Youth Choir Volunteer
• Assist in teaching songs to the youths
• Enforces appropriate behaviour among children choir members
• Leads practices when Choir Director is absent
• Contributes to the songs in the duo tangs and generates printouts of song lyrics
I believe in working with each student's individual learning styles to help them understand the material and ignite their love for learning. With the right approach, any student can excel in any topic they are learning. I like to begin by generally going over the topic in detail and go over a few example problems with the student and make sure they understand the steps to needed to solve the problem. After this, I would ask if they have questions then allow student to try a few practice problems on their own and assist along the way if they appear to be struggling with it. I would make sure to ask them if they have any questions as they are solving to make sure they are understanding.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- University of Ottawa (2020) - Chemical Engineering (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Pickering High School (2019) - Ontario Secondary School Diploma (School) (✘ Not On File)