I am currently a Mechanical Engineering student at the University of Toronto with over 3 years of experience teaching high school and elementary level students. I myself finished all three sciences offered in hs with 90+ averages as well have helped other students reach their academic goals. I have many different methods of teaching so I am positive we can find one that works best for you.
Student Tutor at B.C.S.S.
- Worked either 1 on 1 or in groups of 3 with students from grades 9-12
- Tutored all grade 9-12U and C level math and science courses
- Helped students complete assignments and homework
- Tutored students specifically for exam preparation
- On average increased each students average by 5-10%
L.I.G.H.T Community Tutor
- Worked with underprivileged students in elementary school
- Taught students their curriculum and ensured that they understood each concept
- Developed a variety of teaching methods to help different types of students understand various concepts
Mechanical Engineering Club - UofT
- Worked with professors to ensure student needs were met from an academic perspective
- Helped develop academic transition resources for first year students coming in from High School\\
- Developed study strategy resources
- Taught students how to tackle difficult problems and how to go about solving questions
- University of Toronto Dean's Merit Award Scholarship | 2019
- University of Waterloo Industry 4,0 Competition - Third Place | 2019
- East Coast Volleyball Championships
Pittsburg, PA - First Place | 2019
- First Year Mechanical Engineering Representative
- Mech Club Academic Director
- Engineering Strategies and Practice I (ESP) Team Lead (Team of 5)
- ESP II Technical Lead (Team of 5)
- HOSA Chapter President Bill Crothers S.S
Verbal and Written Communication
My teaching methods include breaking down each question and finding patterns between questions so once you can solve a handful of them, you can pretty much solve any question thrown at you under that topic. I am able to explain concepts in a variety of different ways such that if one way doesn't work for one student, I always have another way to make sure the concept clicks (i.e visual representation, similarities to in life problems etc.) I am also an athlete so I understand what it's like to have to study on top of an already busy schedule. With this experience I apply it to my teaching in making what I teach concise and easy to understand.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Bill Crothers Secondary School (2019) - OSSD with High Honors (School) (✘ Not On File)