Information About Kiyomi - Coquitlam tutor
|College / University||$35.00|
I majored in English at Simon Fraser University, have my CELTA certificate, and have over six years of hands-on teaching experience. I've taught at reputable and established schools in Canada, Japan, Korea, and Australia. I'm outgoing, friendly, supportive, and enjoy meeting people from around the world.
• VANCOUVER GENERAL INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE (VGC) April 2018- Present
• Prepares and creates engaging and effective lesson plans for Upper Intermediate core classes, Beginner Grammar through Speaking and Writing classes, Business English, and Speaking and Error Correction classes.
• iTTTi March 2018 Present
ESL Substitute Teacher
• Substitutes for a variety of English Core classes and IELTS classes.
• EUROCENTRES VANCOUVER February 2018- Present
• Prepares and creates relevant and engaging lesson plans for Upper Intermediate core classes and Beginner Fluency classes, and teaches students in the Junior Programme. Substitutes for a variety of classes.
• INTENSIVE ENGLISH LANGUAGE INSTITUTE (IELI) September 2017 – December 2017
• Instructed beginner, intermediate, and advanced students in intensive English courses. Created and prepared dynamic and engaging lesson plans for upper intermediate Reading Writing General English classes and advanced Communications classes during busy semesters. Substituted for a variety of classes and levels.
• TOEFL SEMINAR March 2016- April 2017
• Engaged both beginner and advanced students in preparation for their TOEIC exams. Instructed on strategies and applied practice of TOEFL Test Skills, Listening, and Speaking sections.
• EDUCATION THROUGH COMMUNICATION FOR THE COMMUNITY (ECC)
ESL Teacher September 2015- April 2017
• Taught a variety of classes from young children to adults with different ability levels in a friendly and patient manner in the Kansai area of Japan.
• KING GEORGE INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE September 2013-September 2015
ESL Teacher/IELTS Preparations Teacher/IEPE and EPE Substitute/PMM Teacher
• Taught classes on grammar, reading, writing, listening, and communications to adult ESL learners at a variety of levels in a positive and encouraging manner. Preparation and administration of quizzes and tests. Weekly student support sessions.
• Prepared ESL learners to succeed in their International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Instructed students in strategies and learning in the following academic and general modules: speaking, listening, writing, reading, and grammar.
• Substituted for Intermediate English for Post-Secondary Education (IEPE) and English for Post-Secondary (EPE).
• Engaged students in while teaching Power Speaking and Modern Media (PMM). Course work involved pronunciation, grammar, presentation skills, and analysis of global media.
• HALIFAX LIFE TUTORING February 2015-September 2015
• Tutored ESL students in pre-university writing and IELTS preparation in an encouraging and patient manner.
• K-SEP MUSKOKA LANGUAGE INTERNATIONAL Summer 2013/ Summer 2014
• Implemented dynamic and relevant lesson plans for a class of Grade 9 students at a high school (Kasukabe Kyohei) in Saitama, Japan. Lessons included: vocabulary, spelling, speaking, games, and cultural differences.
• TEACHING AND LEARNING KOREAN (TaLK) 2011-2012
• Maintained classroom management by creating interesting and interactive lesson plans, which included: games, conversational English, listening and speaking skills, presentations, weekly quizzes, and vocabulary and grammar lessons.
• The Korean-English language barrier was overcome by developing a relationship with students and teachers, an effort to assimilate into Korean culture, and a sense of humour and humility.
• During the school year I addressed and managed varying skill levels with encouragement and use of different styles of learning such as: auditory, visual, tactile, and kinesthetic.
Having taught ESL at schools in Canada, South Korea, Japan, and Australia has allowed me to work with a variety of students with different needs, backgrounds, and ability levels. This has challenged me to become a versatile, adaptable, and compassionate teacher who remains sensitive and supportive to the unique needs of my students. By creating relevant, engaging, and dynamic lesson plans, I help foster my students’ learning and motivation. Having taught courses on Grammar, Reading, Writing, Communication, Pronunciation, and test preparation for IELTS and TOEIC has helped me become a well-rounded, communicative teacher
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Cambridge Certification (2014) - IELTS Teacher Training (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- International House Vancouver (2012) - CELTA (Professional) (✘ Not On File)