Information About Jennifer - Toronto tutor
|College / University||$50.00|
I am about to begin my 4th and final year at the Canadian Academy of Osteopathy where I have already completed 3 years of post graduate university level Anatomy and Physiology. As a previous teacher and coach, I am looking to help out elementary, secondary or university level students who are primarily struggling with concepts related to basic science, anatomy and/or the mechanics of the human body.
A little bit about me: I am 30 years old and live downtown Toronto with my family. I have undergraduate degrees in Sports Management as well as in Elementary Education. I played hockey at University in the States for 4 years where I fell in love with learning about the human body which led me to my current endeavour of becoming an Osteopath. I have also been a personal trainer for 8+ years which accompanies my passion perfectly!
**Currently tutoring under year students at my school in Anatomy and Human Body Mechanics
March 2015 – September 2015 - Teacher: Brighton School, Toronto ON
• Worked alongside staff members with an optimistic attitude to create a stimulating learning environment for up to 15 students aged 5-17
• Created and Maintained report cards and individualized documents for every student
• Open and eager to learn new skills and embrace feedback from colleagues
April ’14 – February ‘15 – Teacher: Calgary Quest School, Calgary AB
• Used strength in written and verbal communication skills to create stimulating learning environment
• Maintained a calm and understanding demeanour during times of high stress
• Upheld great organizational skills with the ability to be flexible in a variety of situations depending on different learning styles
• Delivered curriculum to a diverse group of students with a focus on academics, life skills, social skills, and communication (large groups, private tutoring etc.)
I believe that everyone has the ability to learn and grasp concepts that presently seem intimidating and/or incomprehensible . I understand from first hand experience that we all have different learning styles and that is ok. I love to use whatever tools necessary for each particular person I work with in order to get them on board with not only understanding the information, but also finding passion and confidence within it.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: No (✘ Not On File)
- Canadian Academy of Osteopathy (2018) - Osteopathic Manual Therapist (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- Canfitpro (2018) - Personal Trainer (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Toronto (2013) - Bachelors of Education (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Niagara University (2010) - Sports Management (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)