Information About JenniferRichmond Hill tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Jennifer:
Hi! My name is Jennifer and I am a rising grade 12 IB student at Bayview Secondary School. I have completed IB standard level Math and Physics already, and I am in the process of completing higher level English and Chemistry. I have a minimum 90 average in all my courses. Some of my accomplishments include:
- Scholastic writing awards national silver medalist
- 8x Scholastic writing awards gold key recipient, 2x silver key recipient, 3x honourable mention recipient
- Published in Toronto Young Writers Magazine, Polar Expressions, and Poetry Institute of Canada
- 2018 World Scholars Cup Toronto Round Bronze Medallist
- Attended the Young Writer's Workshop at Simon's Rock
- Graduated from Bayview Hill with Science Award
- Bayview Secondary School honour roll
I have volunteered for a tutor at Bayview Hill Elementary School in the past, where I worked one-on-one with grade 7/8 students in math and language.
Since 2019 I have been tutoring a grade 9 student in academic math and science.
I have also been tutoring my younger brother (who is currently in grade 9 and in Bayview's International Baccalaureate program) in math, science, and English for many years!
I believe that asking students what their specific needs are is the key to building on their weaknesses. Constant communication with the student and providing plenty of opportunities to ask questions helps me to get a better sense of what we need to work on together. Knowing the goals of the student allows the tutor to prepare the most relevant materials for the tutoring session beforehand.
Additionally, I think that it is critical for students to actively participate in the learning process by completing problems step by step as the tutor explains the concept to them. Often, I find this to be more effective than the student attempting to remember too many instructions to implement all at once.
Finally, building confidence through learning good study habits is something I believe tutors should emphasize to their students. Knowing how to learn is just as important what knowing what to learn. Skills such as solving questions efficiently and skimming through information quickly will benefit students throughout their learning process.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Chinese, French
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Bayview Secondary School (2019) - IB Standard Level Math (equivalent to grade 12 Calculus) (School) (✘ Not On File)
- Bayview Secondary School (2019) - IB Standard Level Physics (equivalent to grade 12 physics) (School) (✘ Not On File)
- Bayview Secondary School (2019) - IB Higher Level English Part 2 (equivalent to grade 11 english) (School) (✘ Not On File)
- Bayview Secondary School (2019) - IB Higher Level Chemistry Part 2(equivalent to grade 11 chemistry) (School) (✘ Not On File)